Come with me

After putting the fire out Mitch and I head inside, it's about one in the morning and we are both exhausted from our day. I smile at Mitch as he pulls off his shoes and places them neatly next to the front door next to mine, he stands up straight, fixes his thin hair and looks up at me grinning. We walk upstairs together and into his room, I get out Mitch's oxygen tank and tubes as his gets changed behind me, when he says he's ready I turn around and see him laying in his bed bundled up in blankets. I smile at the adorable sight and sit on the bed next to him, helping him out his tube on and taping it to his face for the night, I twist the valve and Mitch inhales deeply through his nose. He thanks me and I place a gentle kiss on his forehead before getting up off the bed, saying 'goodnight' I turn off his light and leave the room quietly.

I love how quiet and peaceful this house is at night, I love that I feel so welcome here by everyone. Mrs Grassi and little Amelia have accepted me into their family as if I was always here, it's like I finally have the family I always wanted. As I walk down the stairs into the living room I look at all the family photos hanging on the walls, the drawings done by Amelia and Mitch when he was young framed and mounted along the stairs. Sitting down on the couch I pull out a blanket from under the coffee table and start to get comfy, of course a couch isn't the nicest place to sleep but it is one thousand times better than a bench or a bush and for that I am extremely thankful to the Grassi family. Closing my eyes I think back to the kiss, the first kiss that made me melt completely. His lips were so warm and soft that I wanted to feel them for the rest of my life, when I kissed him nothing else mattered. It was magical. Soon, I feel my eyes flutter shut and I fall into the peaceful abyss of sleep.

"Scott?" A small, hoarse voice causes me to stir from my sleep. I open my eyes slightly and come face to face with Mitch, bundled in two blankets and a sweater kneeling infront of me. "I had a nightmare," he whispers to me, looking down at the floor. "Could I sleep with you tonight?" He asks, I can just about make out a small blush forming on my cheeks through the darkness. Smiling I lift up my blanket and move as far back into the couch as possible, Mitch smiles gratefully and pulls his tank closer to the couch as he slips infront of me. I help him adjust his blankets around him to keep him warm, then wrap my arms around him pulling him close to me.

"Do you want to talk about it, Mitchy?" I question in a hushed voice, I feel Mitch breathing slow, deep breaths and his heart pounding in his chest. He looks up at me and sucks the inside of his cheek.

"It was about him," Mitch finally whispers, a tear in his eye. I sigh softly and pull him in closer.

"I won't ever let him hurt you again, I promise," I tell him, look into his gorgeous eyes. I watch as Mitch's chin starts to tremble, he breaks down and starts sobbing loudly, tears streaming down his face onto the couch. I pull him closer and hold him tight, whispering into his ear that everything will be okay. Mitch wraps his arms and legs around me and sobs into my chest, wetting my shirt but I don't care. I choke back my own tears as I hold the boy as close as possible.

Eventually Mitch stops crying and I feel him relax in my arms having fallen asleep. I look down at the small boy still clinging onto me and smile at his sleeping self. I gently kiss the top of his head once more and close my eyes, accepting sleep for the second time.

Birds sing outside as I slowly wake up, I'm blinded by the morning sun shining in through the window. I yawn and rub my eyes, looking down expecting to see Mitch curled up next to me but he's gone. I sit up straight and look around the room trying to find him but see no one. Panicked I jump off the couch I run upstairs and straight into Mitch's room, I swing the door open and walk inside, breathing heavily. Mitch looks at me wide eyed, sitting on the end of his bed. I sigh in relief of the sight of him, knowing that he is safe. I blink a couple times and focus on him, he's at the end of his bed, body facing away from me on his phone watching something that I can't quite see.

"Scott what the hell!" He yells, grabbing an blanket and pulling it over him, I stare at him and wonder why he is yelling at me. All I can think of is how glad I am that he is safe. "Scott get out!" He yells louder and throws his phone at me, I see the regret full his face as soon as he lets go of his phone. I bend down to pick it up and see a sight I wasn't expecting. I stare at his phone and the paused video in shock before entering his room slightly more to put his phone on the bed. I then walk swiftly out of the room and leave him to his business. I close the door behind me and run downstairs, breathing heavily. I sit on the couch and stare at the table for what seems like hours, just replaying what I had seen over and over in my head.

Until I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, I look over, expecting to see Mrs Grassi or Amelia. Instead I see Mitch walking slowly down the stairs, dragging his tank down with him. He's put on a fluffy pink sweater and a pair of black jeans, gorgeous as usual. I blush and smile awkwardly at him. "Mitch I'm so sorry, I woke up and you weren't there so I panicked. I didn't mean to disturb you like that," I tell him trying to get my words straight. He laughs awkwardly and goes into the kitchen. I hear him open the fridge and he comes back with a yogurt. Mitch sits on the armchair next to me and eats his yogurt quietly.

"It's okay scott, I'm sorry for yelling at you. You just made me jump," he laughs and spoons another mouthful of yogurt into his perfect little mouth. "I woke up about half an hour before you did and- uh- yeah." Mitch looks away, his face as red as a strawberry.

"Do you want a coffee?" I ask him, getting up quickly, he nods so I go into the kitchen and put the kettle on.