Ive given

Mason raised his hand in a wave before walking towards me. We decided that we should catchup on things and discuss where I've been for the past eight months. He called me a few days ago wondering why I haven't been in school for almost the entire year so I decided I should tell him everything. He was my best friend after all. I greet him with a smile and we start to walk through the park, it's awkward at first but after a while we talk freely about things that have been going on.

Mason tells me that 'Kristen has a new boyfriend and even brought a dog'. He also tells me about how 'Matt got suspended from school for doing drugs in the bathroom' he finished that one with a laugh and a glance over at me.

"I missed you Scott," he smiles and stops to look at me. I look back. "It's been weird not seeing you everyday. I was worried about you." Mason smiles again and scratches the back of his head.

"I've been okay, Mase, life just got busy I suppose," I tell him, sitting on a bench. "My mother got arrested so I've moved in with a-" I pause and think about what to call Mitch. "A friend." Mason nods.

"Which friend? Do I know him?" He asks me.

"Uhm yeah, he was a childhood friend. Do you remember the new kid that joined right at the beginning of the year- the one with heterochromia?" I ask.

"The one that got jumped by Matt in the hallway?"

"Yeah him. Well it turns out I knew him when we were like five, his mom welcomed me into their house when my mother got arrested and I had nowhere to go." I smile and tell mason about how Mitch has cancer and is going through treatment which is why he hasn't been in school.

"Scott," mason begins, looking at his hands. "I'm gay." He whispers, refusing to look at me. I smile, knowing that he trusts me enough to tell me something so private even though we haven't seen each other in so long. I don't say anything, I just pull him into a tight hug and nod softly.

"Me too Mase," I whisper back, he tenses up and then relaxes before kissing me. I don't realise what's happening at first and so I kiss back, but then it clicks. My best friend is kissing me. So I pull away quickly and wipe my mouth. "What was that?" I ask shaken, mason stares at me, jaw dropped and frightened.

"I'm so sorry," he gasps, "I didn't mean to, I don't like you like that!" Mason panics, I laugh and punch his shoulder lightly telling him it's okay.

"Hey let the homies kiss," I laugh and start to walk, he follows me and we go and sit in a coffee shop.

It's nice to be back with Mason, it's been months since I've seen him and we left it on such a bad note I thought I'd never see him again. He is my best friend after all. But I won't be telling him about Salone, not yet anyway.