From a

Scott POV:

A teacher comes out and yells at everyone to leave. Matt hurries off with his gang leaving the poor bruised boy laying in the floor sobbing. I manage to get to my locker and listen in to a conversation between the boy and a girl called Kirstin.

"Oh shit Mitch are you okay?" She asks helping him up. "I'm so sorry! I tried to help but I'm so small and weak compared to Matt I didn't know what to do!"

"Yeah. It's okay. I'm used to it" the boy mutters, his voice frail and weak. "Just call me Mitch Grassi the freak I guess." The boy laughs sadly and walks away. Mitch? Grassi? Where have I heard those names before? Probably some singer or something. Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. I like the way it rolls of my tongue.

Once I get home I decide to look up Mitch Grassi. Hm, start with Twitter. So I type in Mitch Grassi nothing. I try multiple ways of spelling but give up. Google. Mitchell Grassi. Just an article about some boy in Charlie and the chocolate factory a few years ago. Instagram? Mitch_grassi oh! There's an account. No, it's the same boy from Charlie and the chocolate factory. Oh well, I'll just leave it.

"Scott I made you a sandwich!" Mom yells.

"One sec!" I yell back.

"SCOTT I MADE YOU A SANDWICH!" Mom yells louder. I sigh and slam my laptop shut.

"For fuck sake!" I mutter and run down the stairs. Mom sits at the table with a plate I front of her and a plate for me. I sit down and bite into my sandwich, the bread is stale and the cheese has a little bit of mold.

"So Scotty, how was school?" My mom asks, hands shaking and smelling of alcohol. She's been drinking again.

"I failed my math exam and some kid got beat up." I inform her, I see anger rush over her entire body as she jumps up.

"YOU FAILED YOUR EXAM?" She yells, I nod ashamed and then a hard slap hits my left cheek and my face flies sideways, my hand rushes up to caress my burning cheek as mom yells even more at me. I can't hear her. Instead I just get up and go to my room, packing all my things away and pulling on a hoodie and sneakers before opening my window and slipping out onto the flat roof just outside my room. As my sneakers connect with the gravel I walk across then climb down the wall and into the brick alley way to grab my Black BMX bike and ride away from the hell house to Mason's apartment.

Once I get to the apartment block I call up Mason who answers after 5 rings.

"Hey man what's up!" Mason exclaims. I look up at his window and wait.

"Look outside." I say simply, I see the curtains move hen the familiar handsome face of my best friend look down at me.

"What the fuck you doing here Scott?"

"Can I stay the night?" I asks. Mason finally allows me and buzzes me up. I haul my bike up the 4 flights of stairs and walk straight into Mason's flat with my key. "My moms drunk and being abusive again. Thanks for letting me stay man." Mason pats my back and we both sit down and play some Mario cart until 2 am before collapsing together on the couch.

-

I wake up to a buzzing, What the fuck? I pull out my phone and realize I have five missed calls and ten Texts. Shit. I open the texts and read through them all, six are from my mom so I ignore them and read the others.

Kirstin) where are you Scott?

Kirstin) Scott you're late for Math!

Mark) are you with mason? He's late for English.

Mark) SCOTT! You and Mason both got fucking detention in Spanish!

Wait what time is it? 2:04 well fuck I missed basically all day of school. Putting my phone down I become aware that I'm laying very close to my best friend... In fact his legs are wrapped around. My waist and his lips on my neck. Oh fuck. FUCK! Freaking out I fall off the couch with a crash.

"WHAT THE FUCK MASON!" I scream, Mason's eyes flutter open and he looks down at me confused.

"What'd I do?" He asks rubbing his eyes.

"I I I I'm not gay Mason." I stutter before getting up and leaving with all my things.