Chapter 9

After Lucy's words no one dared to say anything. Even a fool would be able to see the hatred she holds for her former lover or as Aleric said, traitor.

Though they wish to know the full story, they're to terrified to ask.

Aleric glanced at his sister's supposed suitors with a sigh deciding to give them a better understanding of their hatred for Richard.
"Richard grew up with my sister and I. He was my best friend once. He, like myself treasured my sister dearly and always protected her. As they grew they fell in 'love'" Aleric's expression grew dark as he continued, " they had a beautiful love that many envied. Eventually, when my sister turned became of age they decided to marry. But Richard was  keeping secrets from us. Richard actually had several mistresses in hiding, promising them that he'd bring them into the palace once he was crowned emperor while lying to my sister that he loved and had only her. If that wasn't enough he actually had plans to assassinate my sister once she birthed him a child, so that he could rule the empire. He'd even-",
"Don't" that tone of Lucy's left no room for argument. The kou and sindria looked at lucy a bit taken aback by the expression she wore, pure devastation a match to her brother's.
"Leave us" Aleric ordered not bothering to glance at them. Everyone nodded and left the siblings to themselves.
They recalled the memory of their lost loved one, the only person whom lucy loves as she did her parents and Aleric. The only person Aleric loves as much as he does lucy.

Flashback
Lucy walked the halls searching for her lover. The had a matter to discuss with him about the wedding but she could not find him.

"Master are you sure this is right?" Lucy heard a familiar voice. It was Ricard's most close aid fred! Ricard must be there! Lucy quickly made her way towards this voice however, as she got to the door she froze in place.
"Betraying crown princess Lucy in such ways what if she finds out?" Fred asked.

"Lucy? Ha! She is blindly in love with me! Lucy's father only kept the empress by his side all his life not even looking at other women. Does she think all men are like this? So what if I have concubines?! I'll be the emperor!! What can she do?!?! She'll be dead anyways!!! Hahaha!!" Lucy's heart shattered at hearing the words her beloved spoke as she stood at the entrance of the room blankly staring at him with tears in her eyes.

"No matter if you say that Prince Alec is still only a chi-   !!!!!" Fred had turned around only to become alarmed staring wide eyed at the crown princess's figure, dropping to his knees almost immediately. Ricard turned and saw the crown princess.
"My love! What brings you here?!?!" He said feeling extremely nervous.

"Just now.... you mentioned alec...... what did you do?"

Ricard grew annoyed. Ever since alec came into their lives Lucy always put him above all. It was no secret of her great affection for him. She's never doted on anyone as she does him.

Lucy's fear grew. Alec was in danger! Without bothering with ricard a second more lucy rushed towards alec's room, fear consuming her entire being so much that she did not register passing her parents and brother's calls, nor the fact that them and ricard were chasing after her. When Aleric noticed what room Lucy was headed for he grew increasingly worried.
Lucy burst through the doors eyes searching for a certain four year old boy she saw a small lump in the corner and rushed over to it.
"ALEC!!" Lucy's shout alarmed her parents as they entered to find Lucy on her knees holding onto a small body. As realization hit Aleric quickly rushed over as the emperor called for an imperial physician. Lucy and Aleric called out for the child begging him to acknowledge them but to nothing in return.

The Imperial physician arrived carefully taking the boy from Lucy's embrace and checking him for his pulse. Imperial physician suddenly looked up to Lucy and Alaric shaking his head in despair.

"SNAP!'

That sound was not the sound of broken bone. No. That snap was much more dangerous.
That snap signaled that Lucy no longer had any control left. Just like she'd lost this child, her sanity went as well.

"ALEC!!" lucy heard her brother weep. She heard her parents weep. She saw her mother fall to the floor, her father holding tightly onto her. Yet she paid no attention to it.

'Alec is gone. My brother's only child. My parents grandchild. My only nephew. The child who was like my own. The child who showed me the sweetest smiles.'

'BECAUSE OF HIM!'

The little control lucy had over herself was lost. The room suddenly gotten darker and colder everyone paused, looking at Lucy they saw what kind of expression she wore and they all knew that she'd finally lost control of herself. And her rage was directed at the one person who smirking since he had entered the room had but that smirk had now dropped seeing the bloodlust come in from the Crown Princess whom he thought he could fool forever, instead complete terror ran through his veins. Lucy has never been like this was to him, she had never shown his anything other than her love but now.... that love was gone. Opening his mouth he was quickly shut down.

"You...... you took him from me... from us...you've murdered my brother's son, my parents grandchild, my nephew...... How dare you! You..... you must pay... pay..."  with every word from Lucy, it was becoming harder for for Ricard to breathe " betraying me by being unfaithful... I was willing to overlook..... planning to kill me I would have also overlooked... but how.... how dare you harm this child..... "   Ricard was unable to sprout any nonsense because all the air in his lungs were sucked out he was drooling, gasping for air.
Palace had started shaking, clearly it could not take the force of Lucy's power. Everyone watched as Lucy's power of Darkness took over her, silently maneuvering over itself towards Ricard holding him in place as he started to bleed from the various places it touched. No one could stop her not that anyone wanted to, the young prince was a precious presence all who met him, he was loved by everyone. The child was a form of sunshine you could not find nowadays and he was killed for what? they do not know.
"WHY" Lucy demanded only slightly loosening him.

"He was a threat!! If I didn't get rid of him you would have given him the empire to rule!!" Ricard had foolishly uttered.
"So you murder my four year old son for that?!?!" Aleric had shouted.
And Lucy powers reaction to her brother's distress, seeking to appease him by punishing Ricard.

"You would dare to touch him?!? I will end you!!!!!" Lucy stated in pure rage however, before she could completely end him his aid Fred rushed to his side performing an ancient spell which transported him away. Lucy screamed in rage at losing ricard.
She'd later fainted.
Flashback end

Ever since then they had never stopped looking for ricard. Now that they found him, lucy would never let him go. She's going to make him regret even being born.