I: Steam Engines and Old Hats

The ruby colored train stood there in all of its glory as Privee Mallory stood there with an awe expression on her face. While most kids grew up with story's about Hogwarts and it's train, Privee had been raised by her muggle father for almost all her life in America. While she had heard stories from her mother when she was young but the stories stopped after five. Cause she was now dead.

After a very sad goodbye from her over protective father she boarded the train. She quickly found an empty compartment and was already settled when a redheaded girl and a boy with long black hair and a hooked nose stood in the door way.

"Hello, do you mind if we sit here?" She asked.

"Be my guest." Privee said with a smile. "I'm Privee, Privee Mallory." She held out her hand to the redhead.

"I'm Lily Evans." She took her hand.

"I'm Snape, Severus Snape." He said as if he was bored, Privee held out her hand but he stared at it, the blonde removed her hand and opened her book and began reading until she heard the compartment door open.

"I'll be right back." Lily said with a smile, Privee returned it but the last thing she wanted to do at the moment was sit in a compartment with a greasy haired bat.

"You do know it's rude to not shake somebody's hand, right." Privee said breaking the silence.

"I don't shake hands with mudbloods Mallory."

Her annoyed expression turned to one of confusion before her brain could comprehend what he just said. "Snape I'm not sure what you views on blood are but as far as I know and for a 'mudblood' I guess not much but that term is used against Muggle borns not half-bloods so I will be going." She left the compartment with her head held high.

When she reached the end of the train she found a compartment that had four boys that looked to be around her age.

"Hi, do you mind if I join you?" She asked with a small smile. The four boys looked stunned that a girl would want to join them and not just any girl a pretty girl.

"Uhhhhh...." One with messy black hair stammered at her. The boy with carmel hair and his nose stuck in a book laughed at him.

"What he means to say is, of course m'lady please grace us with your presence." A boy with longer and a lot tamer black hair jumped up from his seat and bowed to her. "Peter stop starring." She noticed the blonde boy hiding in the corner starring at her like she was some time of fish.

"Why thank you but that was very much overkill." Both black haired boy laughed at this.

Privee took a seat in between the black haired boys. "I'm Privee Mallory.

"Sirius Black" They boy with the nice black hair introduced himself first.

"James Potter" The boy with the messy black hair then said.

"Peter Pettigrew" The short blonde boy merely squeaked. 

They boy with the book finally looked up from his book and offered her a smile, "Remus Lupin."

"Well thank you again for letting me into your very nice compartment."

"Why of course my dear lady, now do you mind if we ask why you just now stumbled into our lovely compartment."

"Well kind sir I was sitting in my original compartment when a lovely redhead and a greasy haired bat came and sat down. And while the lovely redhead was very lovely the greasy bat was not. And when the lovely redhead left the compartment for a moment and I confronted him on his rudeness he called me a lovely little slur so now I am here." She ended with a large grin that even with the slightly disturbing story brought a smile to the boys faces. 

"Well what was this Greasy bat's name?"

"Severus Snape."

"Well when we get to Hogwarts we can give this Snivellus something to be sorry for." 

"I'm starting to think I picked the right compartment."

"Me too Mallory, me too." Sirius replied with a grin.

-

The boat rides which consisted of James, Sirius, and Privee in a boat and James and Sirius rocking the boat to annoy a terrified Privee. They were at Hogwarts at last.

The group of eleven years ventured up a large staircase to meet face to face with a stern faced professor which Privee new very well as Minnie a long time mother figure for her mother who kept in touch with Privee once her mothers passing. 

"When we enter the great hall you will be sorted into your houses, they are Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. I will call your name and then you will come to the front of the hall is that clear?"

There was a murmur of yes's among the first years before the professor left the children to talk among themselves.

"I heard we have to fight a dragon." James said enthusiastically. 

"No way there is no room in the great hall for a dragon fight." Remus responded.

"Woah James wanna fight a Norwegian Ridgeback together?"

"Hell yes Sirius." 

"No"

"Oh don't worry Mallory you can fight him with us." Sirius said as though that was reassuring.

"Oh Sirius my hero," she responded dramatically, "but we are being sorted by a magically enchanted hat."

"What" The boys said together. 

"How does that work?" Sirius asked like it was the most bizarre thing in the world.

"It reads your thoughts." Privee said dramatically before walking into the great hall right behind Professor McGonagall. 

"Sirius Black"

"Lily Evens"

"Alice Fortescue"

"Remus Lupin"

All went to Gryffindor and then is was Privee's turn.

"Privee Mallory"

Despite her hands shaking and her head going through at least a thousand possibilities a minute she walked confidently up the steps and sat down on the stool. She sat down.

"Hmmmmm I see a Dubois...where to put you."

"I see very cunning and clever girl would do well in Ravenclaw or Slytherin very loyal as a Hufflepuff but you don't belong there."

"Oh I see it now the courage you have from those nights when you were younger I see those now."

"Better be......

"GRYFFINDOR"