XII: I don't wanna go

"LILLLLLYYYYY"

"No Privee you are coming." 

"But I like died."

"But you're not dead, and you've been out of the hospital wing for over a week you can handle one small party."   

"But then I have to get a date." 

"Just ask Sirius or something."

"Ew why would I ask Sirius he-"  

Lily gave her a look  that made her close her mouth real quick. 

"But I don't wanna go." Privee whined.

 "Stop being a baby and pick a damn dress."

When Marlene walked into the dorm room only a few minutes later she saw complete chaos.

"WEAR THE PURPLE ONE."

"I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THE PURPLE ONE I WANT TO WEAR THE BLACK ONE."

"THE BLACK ONE MAKES YOU LOOK EMO."

"AND THE PURPLE ONE MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A FUCKING FAIRY."

"WEAR THE GREEN ONE THEN."

"I DON'T OWN A GREEN ONE."

"Uhh..... What's going on here?" Marlene asked cautiously.

Privee's head snapped around her face softening. "Lily is trying to force me into a dress for Slughorns stupid party tonight and I don't even want to go."

"Stop being so dramatic Pri it's one dinner party."

"But it's not, it's a whole ass Christmas party. With dates and other things." Her head turned to Lily. "What do people even do at Christmas Party's?"

"I don't know it's a Slughorn party it can't be that different from a normal one."

"See Privee it's normal so," Marlene flopped onto the bed, "who's your date."

"Sirius"

Marlene sat up, fast. "Sirius, Sirius Black has agreed to go to this Christmas party with you?"

"No, I'm just making him."

"Why not ask someone you actually like?"

"Cause I don't actually like anyone." 

Marlene's smile faltered although she didn't exactly know why.

"Well get your tine arse in the lavender dress and go ask Sirius out for the best date of his life."

Privee ran out of the dorm room to go ask, no, make Sirius go to this Party with her. Lily's gaze stayed on Marlene.

"Marley?"

"Yes Lily." Marlene's vision turned from the door.

"You like Privee don't you?"

"I don't think I do Lily."

"If you say so," Lily's voice then changed into her gossip tone. "Tell me if you ever start."

Marlene let out a genuine laugh, "ok Lils." Both oblivious to the crowd downstairs.

Privee had just entered the common room and sat of the arm of the sofa next to Sirius.

"Heyyyyyyyy Siri, watcha doing tonight."

"Nothing Priv why?"

"Wanna go to Slughorns Party with me?"

"Asking me on a date Mallory, I'm sorry to disappoint but I have a boyfriend." He pointed to the boy sitting next to him his face berried in a book. 

Privee scoffed, "and I gave standards."

"Then why are you asking me?"

"You're right, hey moony wanna go to Slughorns party with me?"

Remus actually looked up from his book with a smile on his face. "Sure Privee what time should I be ready?"

"Hmm about six-"

"Fine I'll go I'll meet you here at six-fifteen."

"Perfect." And she skipped up to the dorm rooms."

-

At six-fifteen on the dot Privee came walking down the stairs in a beautiful lavender dress Marlene stuffed her into. Sirius was waiting at the bottom of the stairs as he promised wearing dress robes.

"I hate you, you know that?"

"Awww I love you too pads. And where is my compliments? Like you didn't tell me I looked beautiful I thought you were a pureblood gentleman."

"You look beautiful Mallory." A fourth year shouted across the common room.

"Thanks Creswell. Ok let's go Sirius."

He held out his arm and the two made their way to Slughorns office. When the got there the party was already in full swing. Drinks were shoved into their hands and music was deafening their ears.

"You didn't say anything about the free drink, I should make you bring me to these things more often."

She glared at him, she started to open her mouth it was quickly closed as she was grabbed and pulled into a conversation with Slughorn and other important people that made Privee want to dig a hole and bury herself in it. She pretended to be interested in floo networks until she spotted Regulus and made an excuse to leave.

"Why hello there sad sod sitting in the corner."

"Hello Privee. I see you brought my brother."

"Go say hi to him." She encouraged.

"But then I'm leaving you to be a sad sod sitting in a corner, and what kind of gentleman does that?"

"Ah, but you see I'm not sad so I can't be a sad sod-"

"Sitting in a corner ya I get it go socialize."

"If you say so Reggie."

As the party went on she couldn't help but notice the lack of gingers in the room, or one ginger in specific.

"Sirius have you seen Lily?"

"No I don't think she ended up coming."

"Ugh, I'm gonna kill her."

-

Privee walked back into the dorms a few hour later to find all four of her dormmates drunk.

"There you are Lily you left me and made me go to the party when you sat here and got drunk without me."

"Sorry Privvveeeee." She slurred.

"Did you just call me Privy?"

"Oh shut up and get drunk Privee?" Mary spoke up. Alice was laughing for no reason other than the word Privy.

She sat down next to Marlene who passed her the bottle with a smile. When all the girls were drunk the only memory they had of the night was a polaroid of the five of them that said:

We are all drunk December 12, 1975

-

AN:

I changed some casting, I encourage you to go check but if you're lazy like me than I recast Marlene to Lily James and since that was Privee's original casting I cast Scarlett Johansson as her so yay!

also this is short but I really dont know how to write party scenes.

I might not be able to update for the next 2 weeks but ill try :)

Also happy anniversary of Sirius Blacks death :)