Chapter Nine

A/N: I wasn't sure if I would get this update in this weekend, but here it is! Get ready! xx

Louis’ pov:

        Olivia Styles is rushed to the hospital after collapsing at an aquarium. Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson took the five year old out for the day, only for it to take a turn for the worst. She was taken out on a stretcher and put in the back of an ambulance. She was brought to the Children’s Hospital over an hour ago, and there is still no word of her health. Our prayers and condolences are with the Styles and Tomlinson’s family right now.

I read over the article and sighed. I loved that they put me in the article as if I'm her father, but I hate how public it all is. The paparazzi are already downstairs at the main entrance, only looking for a story. Harry is curled up on the chair across from me, silent sobbing. I tried to hold him, but he wasn't having it. I felt helpless and numb. She was fine three hours ago, what happened?

“Styles family?” Harry and I stand immediately. The doctor looks at me and back to Harry. “You’re her father correct?” Harry nodded and wiped his eyes and nose with the sleeve of my hoodie. I had one in the car and gave it to him when we got here. “I have some good and bad news. Can I speak to you in the family room?” Harry nodded and looked around the room where other people were waiting. I stepped towards both of them, but the doctor stopped me. “Family only. I'm sorry.” I nodded,

“right, yeah. T-That's fine, o-okay, no-”

“No. No, I need him him with me. Please, he's my boyfriend- he takes care of her. He is family, please I need him,” Harry begged. The doctor nodded and lead us to the family room. It was empty and he asked us to take a seat. I sat first, that way Harry had the option to sit with me, or away from me. Surprisingly, he sat right next to me and grabbed my knee. I took his hand in mine instead, holding it. He squeezed his with mine before looking to the doctor standing in front of us.

“Right, so I'm Dr. Snow and I've been working on your daughter for the past hour. The good news is we found what the problem is, and it is curable. The bad news is that it's very serious.”

“W-what is it?” Harry hesitates. I'm scared for the answer.

“After taking a blood test, I found the answer. I'm sorry to tell you, but Olivia has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.” The room is dead silent until Harry’ choked sob breaks the room.

“She has cancer?” he cried. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

“I'm so sorry,” Dr. Snow sighs. Harry is shaking and an absolute mess. He buries his face in my neck and grabs at the front of my shirt. I wrap my arms around him and grab some of his hair, trying to sooth him. I'm absolutely numb, and feel like I can't breath. I looked up at the doctor,

“what does this mean?”

“ALL is caused when you're lymphocytes, those are white blood cells, grow abnormally. We don't know what causes this to happen, but it can't be prevented. It's rare for a child over four, especially a female, but she isn't in more danger. This cancer is fully curable with Chemotherapy, and we can start the treatment immediately. We caught the cancer very early, so in that case we are lucky.”

“Why did she pass out?” I asked.

“Her body couldn't keep up with the activities she participated in today.”

“Is she conscious? Can we see her? Does she know?” I then asked. I just wanted to be with her, tell her everything would be okay. The doctor nodded,

“she's very scared and has been asking for the two of you. I had to tell you before I could let you see her. I'll leave and let you guys calm down, then you may see her. She's down the hall on the left in from 326.” I thanked him and he apologized again before leaving. Harry was breathing heavily in my neck as I rubbed circles on his back.