aang- annabelle's homework🧚🏾‍♀️💣🎶

play the song above or whatever🙄

aang's pov

careful as i write her name on the corner of the page, make it look like it was her all along.

and i put the paper in my bag, as i'm walking back to class. and these notes i wrote, they took me so long.

i walk into math class and spot katara talking to jet. i walk over and hand her last night's homework.

she doesn't notice me.

she just smiles and says, "thank you for the trigonometry." before continuing her conversation with jet.

cause that's all it meant to her...

i sulked over to my desk and sank down into my chair.

i thought to myself, "but i've spent 22 days and 21 nights, crossing every T, just making it right."

i looked over at the love of my life, who's currently in the embrace of another.

"only to discover it's not worth doing katara's homework."

"doesn't matter how many papers i write. end of the equation won't be you and i."

i glanced at haru as he walked into the classroom. he caught a glimpse of katara and frowned.

"and now I'm just another who got hurt, doing katara's homework."

i walk out of first period, heading for history class, katara struggling to keep up with me.

careful as i walk away, so she can't see it on my face; how i look and now i'm feeling so bad.

i'm disappointed in myself, cause i know love's not for sale.

"oh, my father raised me better than that."

we walk into world history class and I hand katara her homework.

She doesn't notice me.

she just smiles and says, "thank you for the geography." before taking her seat in the front of the class.

cause that's all it meant to her...

i thought to myself, "but i've spent 22 days and 21 nights, crossing every T, just making it right."

"only to discover it's not worth doing katara's homework."

i started tearing up but held it in as i took my seat in the back row.

"doesn't matter how many papers i write. end of the equation won't be you and i."

"and now i'm just another who got hurt, doing katara's homework."

we walked into the cafeteria, katara immediately flocking to where jet was.

i thought to myself, "i'm alive, you don't know i'm here, just circling around in your atmosphere."

"i'm alive, you don't know i'm here. just circling around, just circling."

i pondered while rethinking everything, "22 days and 21 nights, crossing every T, just making it right."

i turned to where katara was and realized all my efforts have been in vain.

i'll never be able to hold her in my arms while never wanting to let go. i'll never able to say she's mine.

i'll never be able to tell her i love her.

i whispered while a tear rolled down my face, "only to discover it's not worth, doing katara's homework."

i walked over to where my friends were.

"aang? you okay?" kuzon asked worriedly.

i mumbled to myself while finally letting reality settle in, "doesn't matter how many papers i write."

"end of the equation won't be you and i."

"and now i'm just another who got hurt..."

"doing katara's homework."

when i tell you im so proud of this-💀

yes i know this is short. be quiet🙄

song credits:

annabelle's homework by alec benjamin

572 words