zukka- stay✨

i'm concerned that this is my first zukka oneshot but we won't talk about that

just play the damn song omg

3rd person pov

"don't you dare throw that snowba- goddammit!"

"spirits, sokka you're gonna regret that."

sokka ran and hid behind a nice pile of snow. "we'll see."

zuko turned around, looking for a certain blue-eyed man.

he narrowed his eyes and steadily walked forward. "where are you?"

meanwhile, sokka was gathering a big snowball, making sure he could pick it up without it falling apart.

once he was sure it wouldn't, he peeked his head over the snow pile and threw it directly at zuko's head before ducking behind the pile again.

zuko jolted forward at the force, falling onto his hands and knees. "HEY! THAT WASN'T FAIR!"

sokka smirked and shouted from behind the pile, "WELL LIFE ISN'T FAIR BUDDY! SOUNDS LIKE A YOU PROBLEM."

zuko groaned before gathering as much snow as he could in his hands, running over to sokka and just throwing it on top of him, going into a laughing fit.

sokka spit out the snow that got in his mouth and tried to reach for something to grab since the snow was covering his eyes.

he stood up and kept reaching until his hands came in contact with zuko's chest. "gotcha!"

he pushed the boy back but ended up tripping over the pile of snow, making him land right on top of zuko.

the snow that was blurring his vision fell, revealing a flushed zuko beneath him.

"..."

sokka quickly got off of him, his face heating up, and laid an arm's length away from him.

the two sighed, smiles plastered on both their faces as they watched the sunset.

sokka looked over at zuko and saw how...happy he looked and finally grew some balls.

he scooted a little closer to him, grabbing zuko's gloved hand.

zuko turned to him, then to where their hands lay, then back at sokka.

their eyes met and i swear, you could hear a spark come from them both.

neither of them noticed that they were leaning in until someone had to ruin it.

"fuck, we should get going." sokka said, turning away from the boy while standing up.

"katara said that i should be home before the street lights go out and the sun is almost down soo..."

zuko sighed and stood up too. "yeah good idea. don't wanna deal with an angry katara. i'll come with you."

sokka responded with a nod, shoving his hands in his pockets.

zuko trailed behind him, his mind wandering. sokka noticed zuko starting to shiver so he reached out his hand and linked arms.

they stayed like that the whole way home, even walking a little slower as to savor the time.

when they made it to sokka's house, he pulled out his key and unlocked the door, seeing a sleeping pair huddled up by the fireplace.

zuko panicked. "you know what? i-i should just go-"

"why? you don't have anywhere to be." sokka raised an eyebrow.

zuko sighed and closed the door behind him. "i guess you're right."

the two shed their layers, hanging up their coats. sokka went upstairs to find extra blankets while zuko walked over to the fireplace and sat down opposite katara and aang.

he rubbed his hands together and waited for sokka to come back. he took notice of the two and frowned.

(wish that was you huh? YIKES🤐)

his thoughts were interrupted when sokka came up to him with one big blanket.

"sorry. we only had one. is that okay?" he sat down next to zuko.

"yeah, it's fine. more warmth for me."

sokka grabbed a couple throw pillows and laid them down. the two grabbed the ends of the blanket, draping it across the both of them. they laid back and closed their eyes, sokka falling asleep instantly.

10 minutes passed and when zuko was sure sokka was asleep, he slowly tried peeling the blanket off of him just to have someone grab his wrist.

"stayy~" sokka whined.

zuko rolled his eyes and let go of the blanket, putting a hand behind his head. just as he started closing his eyes, something laid on his chest.

he opened his eyes again and saw sokka sleeping peacefully with an arm around him. he smiled and cuddled into him.

maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

anyways officially off hiatus😩

still hate it here though

754 words