1. Beating

One week. I just had to survive one more week in this hell hole before I get to have a nice break of 6 months.

"Hey marcyyyy" and that my friends is, Zayn Malik. The, what you call, popular guy, in school. Gets all the girls. Bad grades. Smokes. Partys. Well basically everything I don't do. And he has a special little hobby of bullying me. We got to love a person with broad interests...

"Aren't you supposed to great him back styles" and there we have his best friend. Louis William Tomlinson. Just as popular, with the exceptions of not getting every girl. Not that he doesn't have them drooling after him, but he is in a 'committed relationship' with Elenour, the it girl. Everyone knows it's not love, but it's their image, a image that will without doubt get them the prom king and queen, no questions asked.

"H-hey, Zayn... and Louis" and then we have me, Harry Marcel Edward Styles, usually I go by: Harry marcel, marcel, Marcy, looser, nerd, fag, idiot, and about every other bad word you can find in the English dictionary. Actually sometimes they get creative and use other language. There was a Swede last year that called me 'jävla bög-jävel', still not sure what it means, probably something with the fact that I'm gay. Well I'm Bi, but they don't care to learn the difference. Or the one time a guy from Croatia got everyone to call me, "koza" , for a month. Still don't know what that means.

"So I hear you are going to study abroad for the rest of the semester, not returning til after the summer" I just nod, praying to god that they leave me bruise free. It hurts, yes, but the looks I receive from my mom hurts even more. Although, I'm very used to it, both in school and home. Let's just say that my dad isn't a big fan of me having some interest it boys.

"Well who am I going to take my aggression out on when you are gone, your friend Niall may be and option" Zayn says with a wide smile. Niall James Horan, is my only friend in school. He isn't popular, but isn't unpopular either. He knows Liam Payne, who hangs out with Louis and Zayn, but at the same time he knows me, the guy that you either bully, ignore or laugh at. What a lovely life. I have known Niall for a long time, since kindergarten, he lived, and still lives, across the street. But instead of being skinny, pale and a nerd with nerdy clothes, glasses and slicked back hair, like me, ha has blond hair, muscles, good at sports and is a great laugh.

I know for a fact that they won't hurt Niall, he will probably end up hanging out with them due to his friendship with Liam. Liam is by far the strongest in school at would without hesitation give Zayn a lesson if he touched Niall.

Ahh when we are on the topic of Liam, enter Liam.

"Shut it Zayn, you won't touch Niall, just give our friend marcel here a last beating... and please let him live" Liam is kind of nice, well he never stops them, and occasionally pushes them to hurt me, but then again he never lied a finger on me. Guess that counts for something.

"Well hello to you too Liam" Louis answers sarcastically before questioning "would you like the first punch"

"You know I don't do that, and besides, I'm late for class" yeah Liam is good in school, almost as good as me, but he is still considered popular and not a nerd.

"I want it" zayn raised his hand as Liam walked away. My stomach turned. Knowing the pain that awaits. Oh and there it comes. The first punch to my stomach. You would think at first look that zayn is weak, don't let it device you. I did the mistake of bending down whilst holding my stomach, leaving my face open, big mistake. Next I'm hit on my right cheek, already tasting the blood. I hear Louis laugh before kicking my leg, having me falling to the ground in seconds.

Kick.

Kick.

And another kick.

Some more kicks.

I'm loosing count of kicks, my body becoming numb.

Kick.

Kick.

Numbness.

Kick.

Laugh.

Some more kicks.

And the final kick comes to my face. Then no more. I catch them running off, probably afraid of getting caught by a teacher.

I just lay there, not daring to move a limb. Blood is running from my nose, my vison blurred from both blood and tears. Breathing shallow from all the hits to my stomach. Ears ringing. Somehow I managed to get up into a sitting positions, head hung low. I'm fully aware that I'm not able to stand up by myself.

"Get up nerd, you are sitting in front off my locker" Elenor is standing in front of me, sunglasses son her head even tho it's winter. Is just shake my head. Signaling that it is not a possibility right now. When did class end? How long have I been sitting here?

"Ughhh... useless.... NIALL"

"WHAT" I hear Niall scream from across the hall.

"Come get your fucking useless nerd friend over here"

In a second Niall is crouching in front of me muttering a quiet "shit" before slowly lifting my head so that he can examine my face " can you stand?"

"Not alone" it hurts to talk, but I've welcomed the pain a long time ago.

He took of, my now broken, glasses and slowly helped me up to my feet and led me to the nurses office.