6. At the Tomlinsons'

"I'm home!" Louis screams when entering the house, me following behind closely.

"Oh hey honey, how was school?"

"Fine" Louis answers coldly. When Jay, his mother, appeared in the hall she spotted me and her face lit up.

"Oh Harry my boy, I've missed you, don't be a stranger, come here" she wrapped me up in her arms. The familiar warmth felt good and she smelled like newly baked bread. Lovely.

"How was it in the states, heard from your father you studied music" I turn a little to watch Louis surprised face. They all probably taught that I only went to escape or at least study something extremely importante regarding school, for example English or science.

"Uhh... it was great, grew a lot as a person, I think"

"Yeah you sure did grow into a handsome man, didn't he Louis" Louis turned red and forces a smile "sure, but we have to work on this school project, you can torture him with questions after if you like"

He ran up the stairs and into his room. I waved to jay and made my way up, but before entering his room Lottie appeared from the comfort of her own room.

"Styles!"

"Lottie"

She hugged me quickly before realizing that I was inside their home for the first time in forever. Me and Louis used to be friends, his mom and mine were best friends for a long time before us. So Louis and I were kind of forced into a friendship. We didn't complain tho, we became good friends, until zayn transferred to our school. And due to my nerdy glasses, and look, he started to pick on me, at first Louis defended me, but after a while we slowly drifted, he was drawn to zayn and I to Niall. Soon he became one of my bullies too.

"What the fuck are you doing here, no offense"

"None taken, have a school project with Louis"

"Oh I'm so sorry"

Louis appeared "Lottie let him go, Harry hurry up"

"Shut it Lou" Lottie snapped at him, probably still angry with him

"Oh watch your mouth young lady"

"Don't you dare call me young lady I will-"

"Hey hey hey, let's all calm down, it was good seeing you again lottie, we can chat later, and Louis, I will be right in, no need for the separation anxiety" that made Lottie calm down and laugh, I gave her a quick wink before entering the room of a, now angry, Louis.

"Oh calm down Louis, she has had a tuff day, cut her some slack"

"How do you know that?"

"None of your business, now let's start"

"Fine"

Both of us are writing down different kinds of love we are, or have been, experiencing.

"What do you got" I ask

"Uhh.. family, friends, girlfriend, and self love"

"I have family,  friends, self love, love for items and hobbies" I say.

"You haven't experienced love in a relationship"

"Don't think so"

"Riiight, never been in one" I don't think his intentions was to be rude, but it came out as quiet rude.

"Actually I have"

"What?!? When? With who?"

"A boy named Derek in the US"

"So your still gay"

I laugh at that, does he really think I will just change "I didn't mean it like that Harry, I just... I don't know... I just-"

"It's fine, first of all, I'm Bi, meaning I'm attracted to both girls and boys, secondly yeah, it's still a thing, being in the US for 6 months won't change that"

"Okay, fair, well you didn't love this Derek?"

"I don't think so, we were together a couple of months, I liked him a lot, still do, but I don't think I love him, I don't think I have ever been in love" Louis looks like he is in deep taught. Like he is trying to figure out if he has.

"You an elenor still a thing?" I ask even tho I know the answer.

"Uhh yeah... still as in love as always" it doesn't sound convincing at all. I believe in the part that they are together, but the being in love part, not so much. I let it go.

"Okay, how about we maybe cross two kinds of love, draw a little from both of our experiences. Maybe self love, and being in love?"

"Sound good, but how will you write about being in love of you never experienced it"

"Oh I watch a lot of rom-coms, and romantic novels, I'm sure I can put something together"

He laughs at that, a genuine laugh that I haven't heard in forever. He has a beautiful laugh. Don't go there. Nope. No way.

Last year I had a little bit of a crush on Louis, always taught he was hot, still do, but I hoped that it wouldn't come back.

I shake my head to get the taught away from me

"Right, do you have a preference on how to perform it to class" I ask, trying to distract myself

"Let's do a song, now when I know you studied music"

"Oh no, we don't have to, Uhh... if you feel better with a poem we can-"

"Nonsense, let's do a song, it will be easier to write and I don't mind singing, but I can't wait to hear you sing"

"Really?"

"Yeah! Can you play any instrument, I have a guitar at home"

"I can play the piano and guitar"

"Great, let's use that, this will be my first A"

"Wait you have never gotten an A"

"Not all of us are nerds" and we are back to the picking

"To think that we almost made it through the evening"

"Well you started it"

"How the fuck did I start it?" I ask angrily

"You made fun of me for not being smart"

"It was a genuine question"

"It was a genuine answer"

Maybe he is right, well he deserved it. But we need to get back to work.

"Fine! Let's call it even and continue"

"Let's"

And so we start, trying to write a song from mixed experience about love.