10. Lunch

Back to Harry's POV

I feel his arms tighten their grip around me, it feels nice. I don't know how but I feel safe in his arms. I shouldn't. But I do.

I don't move, still crying. I was numb for all those days after, and now it all hit me. I don't know what to do, how to cope, if I will get over this. Should I tell someone, Niall? My mom? Louis? No I don't want them to look down on me, I hate the look of pity, and I feel disgusting, just like my dad, if I can even call him that anymore, said.

I stop crying, and it turns into the occasional sniffle. Slowly he lets me go to get a good look. He brushes his thumb across my busted cheekbone, very carefully not to hurt me, I close my eyes and take a needed breath, savoring the moment. The moment of having the old Louis back.

"Are you okey?" He asks slowly, afraid of my reaction. Still holding onto my cheek.

Am I okey? No. Should I tell him?

"I will be"

"Who did this to you?"

"Don't worry about it"

"Of course I'm going to worry Harry, this is not okey, you had a panic attack" Well Louis sure is confusing, after all he gave me my worst beating ever, well what my father did is probably worse, but still, he ain't innocent.

"Yeah, well, it wasn't my first one, and will sure as hell not be the last" he looks at me with sad eyes, full of pity.

"Oh stop it with the pity, stop it with the acting, I'm fine, you can go" sure I was cold, but me and Louis aren't friends anymore. But instead of going away, like I expected. He takes his other hand to my other cheek, holding my face very close to his.

"I will finde out who did this, and I will kick their ass" if he only knew. I let out a sarcastic laugh before answering a quick "sure you will"

Then silence. And suddenly we are both aware how close we are. I see him looking down on my lips, and I return the favor. He then let's go of my face, and suddenly I feel very cold.

"Ehh... should we get back" I nod, and the two of us dust off our clothes and make our way back to class. When entering I make sure to apologize and say that I'm fine now. Ms. Robinson is nice and is somewhat aware of my past and therefore doesn't bother to give us detention. We sit down and start with our project, both of us trying to write something down on the paper. I have a few ideas, but nothing I'm willing to present to Louis just yet. The bell rings soon after we sit down, we must have been outside for a long time then.

I pick up my notes and pens

"Are you going to the party tonight" Louis asked, clearly trying to be civil

"Yeah, probably" he nods and we go our separate ways. Me to Niall and Liam, and Louis to Zayn. Oh god this was some morning.

When I sit down at the lunch table Liam and Niall are looking at me like I owe them an explanation.

"What?" I ask with my mouth full of salad

"What happened to you, you know" then Niall points to my face.

"It's fine"

"No it's not, was it..." he gives me a knowing look, Niall knows about my father, I usually escape to him when things get bad. And my father doesn't mind, Niall is probably the only person he doesn't mind, and he gets some alone time from me.

I just continue eating and nod.

"Did he just do that or anything else"

"Drop it Niall" I don't think I am capable of lying to Niall, but I don't want to say it.

"Heard you had a panic attack, you stopped having panic attacks caused by beatings a long time ago" Liam flinches at this, knowing he kind of is at fault here.

"I can leave" Liam says while standing up, sensing that it may be something I'm not comfortable with him knowing. He sensed right. So I let him leave.

"Now, what happened, you know closing off never really helped, what did your father do" I flinch when ha says father, and he noticed.

"Did he say something to you" well he said a lot of hurtful things, but that's not what haunts me the most. I stay quiet tho.

"Did he give you a worse beating than you had before" I don't answers, but I have had worse from him.

"Did he touch you in other ways" Niall asks carefully and without thinking I look up at him, afraid he will figure it out.

"Oh my god Harry..." he gets up and takes a seat next to me.

"Harry did he ra-"

"Don't say it" he looks at me with anger and sadness, the latter one pointed at me

"It becomes real if you say it" I look down. Feeling as small as ever.

He doesn't say anything for a while, what does one say in this situation.

"Stay with me for the weekend, pack your things after school and stay however long you want, at least for the weekend"

"No niall I-"

"No! You tell your mom that we missed each other too much and we want a weekend to catch up. She will let you, without doubt, then you won't have to see him every minute of the weekend" That does sound nice

"Thank you Niall"

"Don't thank me, I would want you to move in with me, but I know you, you would never leave you mom alone with him for too long" I just nod, and we go back to our food. Trying to change the subject into something a bit more cheerful. It's hard. But it's better than being in the dark hole where I currently am.

After school I inform my mom about the weekend, and of course she agrees. I pack my bags with everything I need. Once at Nialls we start getting ready for the party. He offered to stay home with me, but I need distraction.