17. New kid

Harry

Me and Louis arrive to school just in time, the only con being that everyone was in the halls. And the second we step in it feels like the first time back from USA, all eyes on me, or us this time. People looking, whispering and pointing at us. I almost feel like running out and back again, but get stopped by Louis hand on my waist pushing me forward.

Louis warm hand. Sending sparks through my body, fucking hell... this isn't good. Louis is very straight, but that kiss, damn that kiss was too great to be real.

"Common Harry, don't pay them any attention, fuck them." His voice brings me out of my trance and we make our way to the locker. His hand still guiding me.

"Harry!" Niall shouts from across the hall, and in that second Louis let's go, and suddenly I'm cold and afraid again.

"How come everyone is talking about the two of you arriving to school together?" Niall asks when he closes in.

"Uhh.. because we kind of did..." I answer Niall, sending Louis a look to see if he is okey with it, but he just nods with a big smile.

"Okey... how come?"

"I'll explain at lunch, we have to get to class" and then I'm closing my locker and dragging them both to first lesson.

First half of the day goes by in a second, and suddenly Niall, Louis and I are sitting at lunch. Liam being somewhere with zayn.

"Now, explain" Niall says with no hesitation

"Well, Louis and his mom found out about what my dad did to me, everything..." I begin

"Yeah, and my mom called Ann to convince her to let Harry stay with us for a while..." Louis continues

"But how the fuck did she convince her"

"My mom and Louis mom has been good friends, even best friends, for a long time, so she said something in the lines of 'Louis is in trouble and Harry is helping him, and it would be good for them both to hang out a bit'"

"Ann obviously complied and Harry is now staying and sleeping at mine for a while, until we figure out what to do about his dad" I just look down a the table, kind of ashamed.

Niall nods, eating up the last of his fries

"Listen, I'm going to be brutally honest with you..." oh no "you have hurt him a lot Louis, in more ways than you think, I'm really happy you are helping him out now and trying to be better... but I swear to god if you hurt him again, in any way, I may not be as strong as Harry but I will beat the crap out of you" he actually looks kind of scary, which is unusual for Niall " am I making myself clear?"

"Yes, but I would never hurt him.. never again!" Louis said with confidence

"For your sake, let's hope you don't" and suddenly his look changes from a scary one to a happy one "... now when that is said, are you done with those fries or...?" He asks all excited. And there he is ladies and gentleman, Niall James Horan.

Louis gives him a big smile and pushes his fires over to him "I'm done, it's all yours"

Niall is muttering a 'thanks' with his mouth full off food. And we all have a good laugh about it. I'm pretty sure Louis wasn't done but is hoping to get on Nialls good side. And honestly, it is probably working.

But it's all interrupted when three boys walk into the lunch room, making it go quiet in zero time. It's of course Zayn, Liam and a third new guy. The guy looks good, nice brown hair, strong armes, blue eyes, but looks like a duche.

And suddenly the Duche is opening his mouth to scream at everyone "what the fuck are you all looking at!?!?" in an American accent. Just great.

In a second Liam is walking over to our table, letting Zayn and the new guy sit by one of the sports table.

"Who the fuck is that guy" Louis asks when Liam approaches. Liam takes a seat besides Niall and sights.

"That's the new guy, Brendon, think he goes by Bren"

"Is he..." I begin, but not quiet sure how to frase it

"A dickhead? Yeah he sure is, and of course zayn is befriending him. Of fucking course..." Liam interrupts angrily. And continues again " sorry for my bad mood, the guy really knows how to get on my nerves, making fun of me for knowing the answers in class and everything, can't stand him"

"He sounds kind of mean and scary" I respond, sounding ridiculously childish considering that I'm bigger than him.

Louis puts a hand on my thigh and says with a smile "don't worry, he won't hurt you, won't let him" and my soul leave my body for a second. I feel so safe in his arms. After everything he did he somehow managed to still be able to make me feel safe. This truly is a wonder.