9. Panic attack

Louis POV

I haven't seen Harry in school since the dinner. Maybe he is back to being little Marcy, hiding away because he is afraid. I wouldn't hurt him tho, not this time around, and not physically at least. The last beating he got from us was a bad one. I have no idea how we lost so much control.

It's now Friday and the party is tonight, Liam told me a couple days ago that Harry planned on attending. But is he coming to school?

"What's up mate?" Zayn says as he comes up to my locker. But just as I'm about to answer the front door opens, and in walks Harry. He glances up, real quick, before looking back down on the floor. His curls hiding away his face. But I saw them. Bruises and scratches.

"Did you beat him zayn?"

"No! Did you?"

"No,  but who the fuck did"

He wants to walk past us but I stop him. Push him to the lockers so his back is leaned on to them. Not enough force to hurt him tho.

"What do you want Louis?" He asks, voice low and raspy, like he hasn't spoken in days.

"Wanted to beat you up for snitching to my mom, but guess someone beat me to it" zayn laughs at my pun. But Harry doesn't answer, just pushes himself of to continue walking. What? No comments?

"Guess little old you has other bullies, you deserved it, you know" he stops, I have said worse, but this seemed to struck a nerve. He stiffens, and looks up for the first time. Then suddenly he is pinning me to the locker, but he wasn't gentle and I hurt my back. His eyes were full of rage. And hurt maybe.

"You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. So shut the fuck up before I let you know"

I laugh at him. Truth be told I'm shitting myself. But I can't show I'm weak, especially not in front of zayn.

"Couldn't Marcy take a beating, did he run home to mummy and daddy to cry to them" and this time his eyes turn black. I don't see any green and I know I screwed up. Fuck.

He punches the locker besides my head. I flinch at the impact. The sound making everyone turn to us. Watching.

"IT'S HARRY. And. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Before I accidentally hurt you more than intended" he moved closer while taking and suddenly I turn hot. He is very very very close to me. If I just leaned forward, maybe on my toes, he is a tall Man, we would be kissing. No I should not be thinking about kissing him. No way.

"HARRY" Niall screams from across the hall, actually saving my ass.

He turned to him, still so much anger in his eyes. But let me go and runs off.

Suddenly Liam and Niall are in front of us.

"Did you two fuckers beat him again?" Liam asks very harshly.

"No we didn't" zayn answers

"We saw the bruises" now Niall looks angry, probably the first time ever I saw him angry

But I didn't do shit so I defend myself
"For fucks sake Niall, we didn't do anything, he came to school like that"  Nialls face dropped, all the color disappearing

"Shit" then Niall took off after Harry as fast as lightning, trying his best to catch up.

Suddenly the locker besides me fell, the one that Harry punched. It gave all of us a mini heart attack, much due to the tension that followed Harry this morning.

"What happened to the locker" Liam asked when we calmed down.

"Harry punched it" I say coldly

"Shit, he really could take me on then" Zayn and I nod, knowing that if one of us got in a fight with him, he would take us down without a doubt. But if he could take us all on, who succeeded in leaving him that buried?

"What's up with Harry, and Niall? Why the rush? Who the fuck beat him?" I ramble

"Don't know exactly, Niall mentioned something about having problems at home a while ago, maybe something to do with that"

Shit. That may be why it struck a nerve. I know his mother never would have done this, she is the nicest ever. Works hard, loves Harry, and often comes to visit us. But his dad, well he is nice too, always very polite when I meet him, the biggest smile on his lips and dresses very classy. Always liked his style.

But he wouldn't beat his own kid? Would he? No. Parents are supposed to love their children and care for them. Not hurt them.

The bell rings and I make my way to class. It's English. That means Harry.

As I walk in, I see him sitting with his head in his hands. Well guess Niall didn't find him, or at least didn't succeed in calming him down.

"Hi" he doesn't answer

"Did Niall find you" he just shakes his head, almost not visible.

"Class, continue with the assignment"

"So Harry, how about we write a song about making love, maybe having sex without feelings or something, an act where there should be love involved, but often isn't"

"N-no" he says almost so low that I don't hear it.

"Why are you stuttering?"

"J-just d-don't"

"What's wrong with you Harry, you said that you weren't a virgin, you must have had some meaningless sex then"

He just stands up abruptly, his chair falling over. Everyone turned to him and the teacher asks if he is okey. He just looked around panicked, and once again runs off. What's with the constant running. I feel kind of bad for triggering him, and Niall isn't here, so I run after him.

Damn he is fast.

He suddenly stops outside of school and leans against the wall, slowly sliding down. Crying. He is crying a lot, I have no idea how he can breath. Well he almost isn't breathing. Then it hits me. Panic attack. Shit, I have had those. I crouch down in front of him, putting my hand on his shoulder in a caring matter.

"Harry, look at me" he doesn't

"Please Harry, look at me" he still doesn't

I then put my fingers under his chin and lift up his face "this is temporary Harry, it will pass any second, try to breath with me... In.... and out.... in.... and out" he breaths with me, slowly calming down. But the crying doesn't stop. I don't know what happened to him, but he isn't one to cry for nothing. I sit down besides him and take him in my arms, letting him cry on me.

When he realizes that I'm holding him he clings to me and continues crying. It's heartbreaking. I feel him shaking. I want to kill whoever hurt this boy.

But then I remembered that I used to be one of them. I feel my own tears running down my face, how can you not cry after hurting a boy so badly, a boy that has done nothing wrong, a boy that was once your friend.

I just hold him closer. Letting him cry it out.