Eustass Kid

When your car began to splutter and creak to a still, you knew that you weren't going anywhere fast.

Since having a new house and all this new gaming equipment meant spending a lot of money, you still had your old, battered car from why back when. If you didn't have the apartment you did, then sure - you might've been able to get a better car. Definitely so. But that wasn't your reality at current, most unfortunately.

Groaning loudly, you butted your head against the top of your steering wheel. You had just enough time to pull over before the car rolled to a stop, keeping out of the way of the oncoming traffic to the best of your ability. The venue you were meant to be meeting Drake at was a still quite a way away, so there was no chance you could just continue on foot. Especially not in the heels you were wearing.

"Why now..." You moaned, losing all hope.

You glanced down at your phone, grimacing when you saw the time ticking closer and closer to the time you were supposed to be there at. Drake was not going to be happy if you were to just ditch him, that was just a dick move. Except there weren't many other options to be frank, your mind was running through all the possibilities.

When you turned the ignition, the car roared and then spluttered pathetically like an ageing chain smoker. When you attempted to press the acceleration after quickly turning the car on before it could die off again, the car jerked and then stilled. You were no car wiz and didn't have the tools available. Unless you wanted to get a new car, there was only one thing left that you supposed you could do.

"Right, where is the closest one..."

Pulling up the web, you began to look up the nearest car garages you could find. You were more than sure there was at least one around, so it was just a matter of getting in a call with them and seeing if they could come out as soon as.

You frowned at the screen when the information came up. The place was a little shabby and one might say dodgy, but it was all there was and you were in quite the rush. You didn't have the time for being judgmental, not like you were in everyday life.

When you finally got the number, your phone began to ring in. The tone came once, then twice, finally clicking on the third go.

"Speaking."

The voice on the other end of the line was deep. The man, well who you assumed was a man, sounded a little tired and like he would rather not be where he was.

"Hi, Eustass Auto, right?" You asked tentatively, feeling a little embarrassed of your predicament.

"Yep."

You drummed your fingers on the wheel, sinking down in your seat. The least you could do was get comfortable, this situation wasn't going to be sorted that quickly. Not at all.

"I broke down just off the main junction and was wondering if you could send someone out."

There was the sound of a rolling chair followed by the flicking of paper.

"Yeah, it's possible. Give us uh..." You assumed the man was checking the time or something as you too were doing the same. "Give us ten and we'll get one of the guys out."

"Thank you-"

In the background, you could hear someone's muffled voice as it cut you off. It wasn't the man who answered you but another, one that said something to him before he turned back to your line.

"Apparently the boss is already out. He'll start heading your way."

You let out a sigh of relief, a breath that you didn't know you were holding leaving your lips. If someone was already on their way, it made things a lot easier. "Okay, thanks."