A Little Too Popular

The only downside to getting as popular as you were becoming, were the... creepy ones.

Not only had you woken yet again to an assault of notifications, it was mostly all from the same fan. The same damn fan who always said the weirdest things and honestly, felt like a bit of a stalker at this point.

You did not know this man, nor did you want to. All that you could tell from his profile was that he was getting a little too ahead of himself. He had pictures of you, edits and all kinds of strange captions. Of course, you were usually flattered by such things and didn't think much of the racket. However, his texts went from sweet and complimentary to downright scarily odd, making you feel beyond uncomfortable.

At first, you answered his direct messages.

You would thank him for his kind words and go on with your day. He would gush about how happy he was to have you reply to him and then carried on sending message after message. It took a while for you to realise that ignoring them wasn't going to suffice, not until your phone displayed more than one hundred texts.

From that one single account.

In your mind, blocking him would be too rude and telling Drake wouldn't do anything. Normally when you had issues, you would simply tell your best friend and be on your way. But this time, you didn't want to drag the ginger into this; especially not when he was working harder than ever as of late.

"Well..." You muttered to yourself quietly.

You decided to place your phone facedown on the kitchen counter, pushing it away with a sigh. It was better to leave it, just to walk away and deal with it later. This was expected, but it was just too early for you.

The kettle whistled to a boil, allowing you to make a fresh cup of tea. After having had yet another long and successful night streaming, you were more than ready to have a relaxing day.

"Oh, shit."

That was until you opened the fridge; coming face to face with empty shelves and nothing in sight. No milk for your tea, no food for your breakfast. This meant you would have to go out...

A lazy day ruined, yet again.

Groaning loudly, you slid one hand down your face and whimpered like a dog. You looked between your car keys, which were hung up by the door, and your tea. Only the bag sat in the mug, the water being slowly saturated by the tea. You really didn't like having no milk and there was also a lack of sugar.

After pulling yourself together and putting on a rushed outfit, you headed to the door. You checked windows were locked and that the doors were too, advancing with the intention to leave.

Though your phone caught your eye.

For some odd reason, you didn't want to take it with you. You wanted to leave it and ignore the man who was lowkey harassing you at this point.
But some contemplation later, your tech-attached fingers twitching towards the device, you ended up taking it with you.

However, you didn't forget to turn off the ringer so that it only buzzed.

That, you could cope with.

~~~

For a weekday, the supermarket was simply bustling. It wasn't one of the big ones, more one of the ones everyone used because of the good quality. You liked it simply because it wasn't too far, an easy ten minutes in the car.

"Ah, sorry." You exclaimed, cringing to yourself.

When you had gotten to the entrance, you managed to push your trolley into the back of a man's foot while too immersed in thought. You apologised with guilt, offering him a tilt of your head as you moved on past. He brushed you off, not so much as acknowledging you as he was too zoned out on what you expected to be the deals at the front of the supermarket.