The Garage

You woke up to a very noisy assault of notifications.

Not only had your recent Instagram post blown up, which was a picture of you and Drake (that sparked rumours, nothing new), but someone had been trying to call you. Eagerly, mind you.

It was around midday when you finally opened your eyes, the light streaming through your window only just shrouded by the sheer curtain that covered it. As much as you hated to admit it, you had gotten more than a little drunk the previous night and had to get a taxi back from the event anyway, even despite your car's situation. Of course, Drake was a little annoyed that you were late after what had happened but he soon forgot about it.

On that note, Kid left as fast as he had come to help you out and you were grateful; you didn't need your best friend scolding you for getting rides with strangers. There was no need for you to linger on that thought, however, you would be seeing him later.  So between nursing your newly-brewed headache and dragging yourself out of bed, you checked on your phone to see who it was.

Squinting at the screen too bright for your half-awake state, you noticed that the number that had been calling wasn't one in your contacts. It was a personal number, so unless you answered, you would never know who it was. But as much as you wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep, you needed to get to the bottom of this.

Ringing the number back was as simple as anything. The caller picked up in seconds, leaving you to hesitantly speak up across the line. "Hello?"

"Miss (L/n), right?"

You frowned, adjusting yourself so you sat off the edge of the bed. "Yes?"

"Ah, good. I've been trying to get through to you. This is Eustass Auto, your car is in for repairs?"

The voice was deep, but definitely not the same man as before. This time, the guy on the other end of the line sounded more alert and had an air of professionalism you hadn't heard from the company yet. Seems like he was the sensible one, at least from what you could tell.

"Oh, yeah." You rubbed at your eye, trying to push away the sleep. "That's right."

"Your car is almost ready, so if you come by when you can, you can pick it up."

That brought a smile to your face. Looks like you would be able to have your car back and everything would be okay. The only thing was how you were going to get to the shop, but you were sure to figure that out.

"Thank you, I'll come as soon as possible." You replied happily, smiling away softly through your sleepy state.

"No worries." The man replied.

When the call had ended, you got up and started to get ready. Drake could take you or you could just walk, although it would take quite a while for you to arrive if you did. The day was nice enough, but you doubted yourself and knew you would be complaining by the end of the trek. So Drake it was.

You didn't really have time for breakfast, shoving a few things together here and there. After deciding on a comfortable outfit and checking your locks and windows like always, you grabbed your bag and phone. It was a little weird not having your car keys on your person, but you would have them back soon enough.

Now it was time to go outside, call Drake and ask for a ride.

~~~

"And you didn't tell me this because...?"

"Look, I didn't want you worrying."

You sulkily sunk down into your seat, getting at least a little bit comfortable while your friend lectured you.