Crimson Dye

"You really didn't need to take me home but thanks, I guess."

Kid had thoroughly insisted that he should take you home in your car. You refused one, because that seemed unnecessary and two, he would have no way of getting back. The guys were pretty shocked at how adamant he was, Wire even muttering under his breath that his boss was not normally such a chivalrous man. You could believe that claim. Though he did cuss them out for being irritating when they were only there to help.

The man grumbled back. "What, and be responsible for your kidnapping? No thanks."

You laughed with a small snort, opening the door to your apartment. The redhead had come up with you to your floor, still very solid on the idea of making sure you got in the door. It was quite sweet, actually. Though it did mean you owed him a lot, more than you already did.

"Kid, I mean it," You smiled at him briefly before dumping your coat on the kitchen island's stool. "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah."

He was about to leave, turning his back. You could see his broad muscles through the white shirt he wore; slightly tight and splattered with motor oil. Although you couldn't see it, the corners of his lips turned upwards into something akin to a smile.

"Now stay put, I don't wanna come and save your ass yet again." He said firmly.

You hummed in reply. "Sure thing."

As the door shut firmly behind him, you were plunged into silence.

Before, you had had energy and felt as awake as anything. Now, despite only being early evening, you felt exhausted. You barely had time to get to your bedroom door before you crumpled like a t-shirt on your bed. There was no time to even get out of your day clothes before you could feel your eyes becoming like lead, your breathing becoming weightier.

Your phone wasn't even in sight, still in the pocket of your coat. Usually, though you didn't have anything to do in particular, you liked to set an alarm. But your last thought before you were overtaken by slumber was a simple one; maybe you would have a lie in. You deserved it after all this.

Then, your eyes closed shut.

~~~

No one should've been knocking at the door, especially not at what your body's internal clock assumed correctly to be about one in the morning.

But alas, you woke up to the sound of banging.

"What in the world...?" You grumbled.

Groggily prying your tired eyes open, you looked around your dark room. There was no light infiltrating the space, only complete, pitch blackness. Your body felt like a weight and so did your head, rendering you barely able to pull yourself up to a seated position. You felt uncomfortable, your day clothes clinging to you like a sweat-slicked blanket. You had to put a hand to your forehead in attempt to conceal your headache, letting out a small whimpering groan.

But then it came again, a vigorous knock.

You swore up and down you hadn't ordered food before you had gone to bed. When you got in the house you didn't nothing except go to bed and to sleep. There were no guests of whom were meant to be coming and you were sure Kid left hours and hours ago. Either this was a dream, or you were going crazy.