Touché

Since the repairs on your car had yet to be finished, Killer suggested you get comfortable; which was exactly what you did.

He was explaining all that was happening with your vehicle and even answered some of your questions about the job, which he seemed pretty enthusiastic about. Apparently he and Kid were really good at what they did, well from what Killer was saying, making you realise there was a lot more to that hothead in red.

Though before long, the subject turned. There was only so much you could talk about in regards to mechanics. Which in itself was another world to your own.

"I've heard of you, though, I'm pretty sure." He hummed, presumably looking you up and down while he did so.

"Your boss said the exact same thing." You replied, your head over the back of the sofa. You watched as Killer lounged about behind the desk rather casually.

"Seems like your doing pretty well then," he said as you turned back and sunk further into the sofa, tapping your foot absentmindedly on the floor. Killer's lips curled into a smile as he placed both hands behind his head. "Congrats."

"It's no big issue, but thanks."

Though you couldn't see, he was silently shaking in laughter at your nonchalant shrug.

"Kid knows a lot of people, I wouldn't be surprised if your boyfriend knew him."

Suddenly, it felt as if you almost choked on thin air. You whirled around and looked at the blonde with embarrassment lacing your features. "E-Excuse me?"

"That guy who dropped you off, Diez Drake."

You blinked a few times before bursting out into laughter, having to forcefully wipe a tear from the corner of your eye as your clutches your side.

"D-Drake? He is not my boyfriend. He's like a brother to me."

Killer watched as you righted yourself, giving him a baffled smile. He smiled back, this time more sceptically. "The way he looks at you suggests otherwise, I saw him for a second when he dropped you off."

Scoffing, you waved a dismissive hand and sat back down. While pressing your palm into your cheek, you sighed. "Say what you want, I don't like him in that way."

"M'kay."

Killer clearly wasn't convinced.

Everyone was still commenting on that post you had made from the event, that picture of you and Drake. You couldn't help but smile when you saw it, seeing how happy Drake looked. He hadn't smiled like that in ages and you would give your left arm to see him do it again. Killer thought he liked you in a way different from friendship, but that just wasn't the case. The two of you had been so close for so long that something so trivial like romantic love wouldn't cross your minds. It's not like Killer knew him that well, or you as a matter of fact, you didn't blame him for thinking otherwise.

You furrowed your eyebrows when a sudden thought hit you. A realisation. As far as you were aware, you had never mentioned Drake's name and somehow Killer knew it.

"Hey, Killer?"

Turning around in your seat once more, you looked over at the blonde. He was still sat in the desk chair, occupying himself by clicking the button of a pen up and down.

"Yeah?" He replied, looking up.

You continued. "How do you know Drake's name?"

He stopped clicking the pen and leaned forward, resting his head upon on crossed arms on the surface of the desk as he replied. "I know a-"