five | baby

Streams of golden sunlight cast a straight line of the essence of the sun, little specks of dust danced drunkenly. The sunlight casted their rays on the face of a sleeping Tabitha, effectively rousing her from her slumber.

She stretched, yawning loudly. Tabitha wiped her eyes to rid them of the crust in them before making her way off her bed. She made her bed before slugging to the bathroom where she washed her face to rid her eyes of the sleep that called her back to her bed. The mess of curls atop her head should have bothered her but she decided to face the problem after she woke Talia up.

Dragging her feet out of her room, Tabitha walked to Talia's room. Barging in, she found no surprise to see her sister snuggled with her bed covers with a content smile on her face. Grinning, she knew how she would wake her dearest twin up.

She tried to make her way to the bed that housed her sister but what stopped by a tiny pile of dirty clothes, Tabitha presumed. She was the neater one, Tabitha couldn't stand messes. She hated the feeling of something not being in their right places or that the power to make something clean and organized was in her hands and she couldn't do anything about it.

Wiping the frown from her face, Tabitha shut the doors that were supposed to be soundproof, taking out her secret weapon from Talia's drawers and tiptoeing to the right side of the bed where the curtains held back the rays of the beautiful sun.

She pulled them open and pressed the nozzle on her secret weapon, which was also known as a blow horn. It was finally time for revenge as to how she was woken up the day before, with a bucket of cold water, leaving her with wet sheets and a plan for revenge. Taking a deep breath, she turned to press the horn.

"Press that thing and I swear I'll tell Dad you were the one who broke his very expensive, unnecessary vase." Talia grumbled from under the covers, effectively pausing Tabitha from pressing the life out of the blow horn. She froze, hoping that was a very plausible figment of her imagination.

"You promised never to bring that up again." She pulled her hands till they were behind her, praying Talia didn't see the horn.

"I never said that." Talia retorted.

Tabitha replied by sitting on Talia's bed, her behind landed on a heap of t-shirts she hadn't noticed. With a scowl, she pulled them from under her and flicked them to the preexisting, increasing pile. The horn had inadvertently been transferred to her lap where Talia's sharp eyes caught it.

"Hi?" Tabitha squeaked, her cheeks warming at being caught.

"Hi." Talia replied, amused.

Tabitha huffed. "How did you hear me? I made sure to be very quiet."

"You were not quiet. I heard you from the moment you walked in. I was awake, just wanted to see what you were going to do." Talia answered, sitting up and facing her sister with a level yet humor filled stare. "Now, I'm going to go get ready for school. Get ready too so I can drop you off, my car-less little sister." She yelled to Tabitha's retreating figure with a silly grin on her face.

"You are older than me with just two minutes Talia. No need to get a bigger head." Tabitha paused at the door to deliver her mocking comment.

Talia threw a pillow at the door, narrowly missing Tabitha's head by a few inches. "The term is big head, you big dummy."

"Meh, you've already got a big head." Then she ran out of the room with a playful grin plastered on her face.

**********

Breakfast seemed colder than usual. Her mother stabbed her eggs with more vigor than usual, as if the plate was infact her father's head, judging by the victorious smirk on her face each time her father flinched from the loud noise it made. Tabitha didn't raise her head, just shovelled a forkful of eggs into her mouth, as if the chewing would deviate her attention from the cloud of bad familial unfamiliarity that hung over her head.