bonus chapter | prom | part one

8 hours before prom.

***************

Tabitha groaned softly when Oliver's lips pressed a chaste kiss against her neck. She brushed the strap of her tank top up her shoulders, and Oliver pushed it down again, kissing the spot his fingers had lingered on. Where he'd kissed felt numb and her eyes threatened to flutter shut. He kissed his way back to her lips, and her hands gripped his hair, and kissed him back, his hands held onto her waist and his body pushed against hers. She curved into him, and bit his lip. Oxygen was slowly leaving her body, and she greedily sucked Oliver's scent as if it were air. She pulled away, panting when his lips kissed her neck again, eliciting a tiny hum of satisfaction.

"Ollie." She said, dragging it out in a whine. "We need to get ready."

He turned on his stomach, his bare back and shiny lips watching her eyes. "We could just not go."

"That's not an option. Your mum wants prom pictures and Talia's forcing me to—" Her words died in her mouth when he pulled her by her neck into another kiss, that made her cheeks flame. Tabitha forgot everything she was saying, and held his shoulders in a desperate attempt to remain grounded. Didn't work. Tabitha fell under him, and let his hands grip her waist and squeeze. Her mouth fell open drunkenly, and he chuckled, lips moving to her neck, nipping at her skin. Tabitha mewled, and gripped even harder and he groaned softly.

Oliver whispered in her ear. "Why don't we stay home, and we can do whatever we want all day?"

Tabitha pulled away, giggling. "Your attempts are good but they won't work." Oliver laughed, and kissed her softly again before pressing his forehead against her shoulder. "And you and I both know you want to go. Prom is a once in a lifetime experience. So stop being grumpy, okay, my love?"

"And I'm the one who's trying to distract you?" He asked teasingly, nipping her ear.

"I learnt from you."

Someone knocked on the door. "Ollie? Can I come in?" It was his mum, and by the little excited giggles, Emily too. He rolled off her and answered affirmatively, quickly pulling on a shirt. Tabitha pushed the strap of her tank top back on her shoulders. The door opened slowly, and Emily jumped on the bed and in Tabitha's arms. They shut the door behind them and sat on his bed.

"Tabby!" She yelled, her tiny hands hugging her neck. "I missed you." She added quietly, Tabitha held her and allowed the girl to hug her.

Wren laughed, and patted Tabitha's hair. She also held up a suit for Oliver, who perked up at the sight. "What colour is your tie?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Tabitha hasn't told me what colour her dress is." The aforementioned girl giggled, and Oliver curved into her, as he blew kisses at Emily who laughed.

Tabitha's cheeks burnt as Oliver's fingers trailed her back softly, it was subconscious. He did it often, without knowing what it did to her. "In my defence, I want it to be a surprise." Wren nodded, agreeing and Oliver flopped back on his bed in silent exasperation and Emily patted his shoulder in solidarity.

"Okay. How about this, Tabitha, Oliver has a bunch of ties and you can go over and check which it is and just take it home with you when you're about to leave." Tabitha nodded, and Emily hugged her neck a little less, snoring softly. Wren noticed, and Tabitha passed the sleeping girl to her mother and the older woman waved at them as she exited to put Emily down for a nap.

Oliver pulled her down into his embrace, and Tabitha snuggled into his arms. "I'm sorry for being grumpy. I really do want to go to prom and see you looking even more beautiful than you already do. I don't know why I feel grumpy though. I—" Tabitha's heart clenched, and she sat up, and pulled Oliver's head in her lap, rubbing her fingers through his hair.

"I understand Ollie. You're allowed to be grumpy, and I'm here for you as always." He sighed, and snuggled into her stomach. Oliver kissed the sliver of skin that peeked through her tank top.

"I love you, Tabitha." He mumbled, and her hand stilled and she almost froze as she always did when he said he loved her.

She smiled at him. "I love you, Ollie."

************

"Whose ties are those? Ollie's?" Talia asked, swiping lipgloss over her lips, as she gestured to the white bow tie and the silver tie laying haphazardly on Tabitha's vanity.

Tabitha nodded. "Yep. He doesn't know the color of my dress so I took the ties that matched my dress secretly." Tabitha said as she shimmied on her dress, careful not to stain her dress and fixed the strap of her sandals. Ariana was curling her hair, and Talia's hair was in braids. Tabitha pulled her edges into her swirls and let her hair down in her tight curls. Her dad walked in, after knocking.

"The boys are here. Are you girls almost done?"

Tabitha nodded, swiping Oliver's ties as she left her room. "I'm done." Talia and Ariana replied similarly, and they walked downstairs. Tabitha walking a little faster than the others. Talia and Ariana took their time, they wanted it to be as magical as they read in the books. They wanted to walk down the stairs and be princesses, and they definitely looked the part.

Tabitha felt embarrassed, and so she almost ran down the stairs, stumbling. Oliver caught her by extending his hand, and her cheeks burnt, her heart racing wildly.

"Wow dimples." Axel said, giving her a thumbs-up. "You look amazing."

Tabitha's cheeks were still as hot, because a certain person was still looking at her heatedly.

"Yeah, you look beautiful, Tabitha." Toby added.

Tabitha smiled at both of them. "Thank you guys so much. You both look really handsome." Dad walked out from the top of the stairs and cleared his throat. Ariana and Talia walked out from behind him, and began their descent quietly.

Axel, and Toby walked to the girls, equally as dumbstruck. Oliver was still holding her hand, looking at her quietly but his eyes burnt holes everywhere they traced. "You look absolutely gorgeous, my love." He whispered softly, awe lining his eyes. Tabitha's cheeks could've lit anything on fire if she wanted to. "Jesus, princess." Tabitha giggled, and closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead. His hand gripped her waist, and the white of her dress was reflected in his stormy eyes. The ends of her dress tickled her ankles, and fitted to curve around her body so the heat that Oliver's hand held was felt everywhere.

She held up both of the ties in her hand quietly, and he cocked his head to the side as he looked between them. "Whichever one you think is best. Whatever you choose won't make me as pretty as you." Oliver finally answered.

Tabitha rolled her eyes. "You're the prettier one here. I'm your slightly less gorgeous arm candy."

"Look who's talking." Oliver snorted. She chuckled, and helped him with the bowtie. "I'm not joking, Tabitha. You have always been effortlessly gorgeous, but fucking hell, you look like an angel." Her hands shook, and she knotted it carefully. Oliver was staring at her again, and the adoration lining his eyes made her heart skip multiple beats.

Tabitha said nothing, and just kissed his palm. Dad was fussing over Talia and Toby as he took their pictures. Oliver's hands snaked her waist, and he rested his chin on her head. They didn't need to say anything, they knew everything they needed to say.

"Alright kids. Group picture time." Tabitha's dad said, and they huddled and took as many pictures as they could, and then the limo honked twice. "Have fun, everyone. Okay?"

Talia kissed his cheek, and walked out the door. Ariana gave him a side hug. Tabitha hugged him tightly, and he kissed her forehead. He gave Oliver a pat on the shoulder. "Have fun, kid." Oliver nodded, his cheeks red. He gripped Tabitha's hand hard and she giggled.

"C'mon." He mumbled, and off they went.