forty-six | he loved her

Oliver asked Tabitha to dinner, after Talia's match. After they'd won, of course. Talia smirked, and waved at Oliver, before hugging Tabitha, whispering something in her ear that made her blush.

He had invited her, just so he could be with her, in a more intimate setting, but she invited Ariana, and he had to invite Axel, so it wouldn't be weird. But it was, especially because of how love stricken Axel and Ariana looked. Oliver watched his friend turn red, and saw Ariana blush all the way to her roots. Oliver was no better, like he wasn't love stricken, Tabitha turned to him, and he blushed. She sat beside him, and her arms brushed his every time she moved. Oliver was entranced by Tabitha's scent, she smelt like roses and lavender, and he didn't know how anything could smell so good on anyone.

"Are you seeing this?" Tabitha whispered, her lips curling in a smile as she referred to Axel who had said something to Ariana who was beside him. Oliver had pulled Tabitha into the same booth he was sitting in, earning a playful glare from her and a snicker from Axel. His snicker died when Ariana paused at the entrance of the booth.

Oliver nodded, his cold fingers curling around themselves. "Yep. Axel's had the biggest crush on Ariana since freshman year, when they were partnered on some project."

"Oh." She muttered, a teasing light in her eyes. "They would be really cute together. Axel looks like he's going to pass out." Oliver chuckled, and watched her cup her chin, her eyes sparkled as the sight of her friend. Red crawled up his cheeks when she glanced at him, and she looked away, dragging the sleeves of her sweater up to her knuckles. He knew she was blushing, and God, she'd never looked more beautiful.

Clearing his throat, he picked up the menu, hoping his choice would distract get from her beautiful eyes, or the way her eyes would seem to be dripping in the fading sunlight. A waitress walked up to them, her pen tapping against her notepad.

"What would you all be having today?" She asked, her kohl lined eyes never leaving her notepad.

Axel started, his eyes darting to Ariana's before turning to the menu. "I'll just have the cheeseburger-"

"Order whatever you want. I'm paying." Oliver said, his fingers tapping the menu, rolling his eyes when Axel smirked. Ariana's blush hadn't left her face, and Tabitha made faces at her when they locked eyes, making the blonde flush even more.

"In that case, I'll have the bacon cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, fries and a root beer float. Thanks Ollie." He smiled sweetly at Oliver, and he kicked Axel under the table. The waitress finally made eye contact with the table, and her lips twitched. Tabitha's huff sounded extremely like a laugh, and Ariana giggled.

"I'll have a cheeseburger, fries and a cup of coffee." Ariana ordered.

Tabitha was still looking at the menu so Oliver told the waitress his order. "I'll have spaghetti and meatballs, and a root beer float as well." She noted it down, and turned to the curly haired girl.

"I'll just have the chicken nuggets, garlic fries and the icecream sundae." She ordered, her fingers curling against the menu when she noticed Oliver was staring at her.

When Axel and Ariana had started whispering between themselves, Oliver turned to Tabitha, his fingers brushing hers when she placed the menu on the table. A chill went up his spine, and her lips parted before she cleared her throat, playing with her sleeves. "Is that all you're having?"

"Alright then, I'll be back with your orders in fifteen minutes."

She nodded, mumbling. "I'm still stuffed from earlier."

"I'll still share my meatballs with you. You have to eat atleast three." He smiled, and patted her head. Her curls felt so soft against his hands, and his hands lingered before she glared at him again, fixing her hair.