sixty-one | be my girlfriend

"Ollie." He called out. Oliver knew his lip had curled in disgust, and the older man flinched when he saw the look in his son's eyes. Tabitha had let go of Ollie's hand as his mother beckoned to her with a soft look encompassing her eyes, he knew his mother loved Tabitha like a daughter and that made him happy. Ironic really, considering the situation he was in. He could see his mother shaking and Tabitha pulled her into the kitchen, sending him a soft smile as she did. He wanted to smile back at her, do anything to let her know that he wasn't upset at her but he didn't and she entered the kitchen without a backwards glance.

"Ollie." He called again.

His face scrunched up in disgust, and he sneered at his sperm donor. "What the hell is wrong with you? Don't call me that." His shoulders hunched, and the bodyguards he brought with him shifted awkwardly on his feet.

"I'm your father–"

Oliver laughed. Despite the way his chest hurt, even though he was struggling to hold back his tears. The sudden peals of laughter that escaped him were dry and horrid. "My father?" He laughed again, his hands were shaking and he wanted to punch the older man in the face. "My father? I don't have a father, and I'm perfectly fine with it. My life is perfectly fine without you or anything that reminds me of you. I have a wonderful mother, and a beautiful sister and a girl that I am irrevocably in love with. Everything that I have mentioned makes me content, and I most definitely don't need you."

"I understand that you are upset with me and you have every right to, but I am sorry. I am so sorry for everything that happened. I didn't mean for it to be like this." He pleaded, wrinkles digging crooked lines on his face. "I'm here now."

His hands were crossed against his chest, to hide the way sadness rattled his fingers. "You being here doesn't mean shit. You want me to forgive you, and help alleviate the guilt that weighs on your chest every time you think of me. You probably think of the fact that you allowed your wife to take me from my mother and discard me to an orphanage when she decided she didn't want me. You probably don't want the scandal that will get out when your opponents learn that you took a child away from his mother. Well tough fucking luck. I'm not forgiving you. I'll never forgive you. Now you and your goons can get the fuck out."

His father was crying, and half the guards he brought with him were subtly glaring at the older man, shock lining the faces of the others. Shame filled his dark brown skin, and his face turned ashen, he avoided everyone's eyes and wiped his eyes. The suit he wore seemed to big for him, almost as if it wasn't his. The face Oliver inherited was looking back at him, and he sincerely hoped he didn't look like that when he was older. They didn't move and his sperm donor stood desolate and downtrodden, and Brian who'd been quiet the entire time they were there, stood up with a grin, and whispered conspiratorially.

"I'm proud of you, kid. Never knew you had it in you." Oliver snickered, and walked into the kitchen, his sperm donor was irritating him and he would rather see two of the three females in his life. Tabitha was hugging his mother, and she kissed Tabitha's cheek before letting go. She looked up at him and smiled slowly. Oliver grinned at her, and wrapped a hand around her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly, her eyes darting to his mother who pretended not to notice their proximity.

Oliver wanted to nod but didn't, just shook his head. "But I'll be fine. I promise."

"How did the talk with him go?"

He shrugged. "You didn't hear us?" He'd hoped she didn't hear, because that wasn't how he planned to tell her that he loved her, or that she was the best thing to happen to him.

"No." She leaned slightly against him.

"Oh. I told him to get out but he isn't leaving so I guess we still have things to say to each other."

Tabitha dipped her chin twice, and let her hands squeeze his quickly before dropping it. Her eyes flitted to the clock on the wall, and they widened. Her curfew was at 11pm and it was 10:00.

His mother immediately understood. "Honey, you can go. Ollie will walk you to your car, and I'll see you tomorrow." Tabitha nodded, giving his mother one last hug and whispered something in her ear before she left the kitchen. He ignored the teasing look in his mother's eyes before walking out to where his sperm donor was at the door, shriveling at the frosty stare Oliver gave him. Tabitha slinked past him, as if she couldn't bear to touch him and he could hear Brian chuckle. She was at her car, waiting for him and he sauntered closer to her.

Something was bothering Oliver, and he knew that if he let her go without saying anything, he'd regret it. His cheeks had already staring blooming, and he groaned internally. "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend, I mean, I still am but I had flowers and they're up in my room because I'm dumb and I forgot to bring them with me but I didn't want them to wither or something because you're the first girl I like and even I know that the flowers have to not be dried for the gesture to be romantic and I'm sorry–" He was going to continue rambling if she hadn't laughed, and pulled him down for a kiss. His hands went to her waist to stabilize herself, and she sighed into his lips before letting her hands move into his hair. Her body curved into his, and he almost melted on the road. They pulled apart, and he was delirious. Tabitha was perfect, in the way that made him wonder if she was unearthly.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, you goof." Tabitha whispered, lips against his neck as she breathed deeply. He froze, and stared at her, as it was a sick joke. She was looking at him, big brown eyes, and messy curls, and everything else that made her absolutely gorgeous.

"You're not joking?" His voice shook.

Tabitha shook her head. "You'll just have to deal with the fact that I'm very emotional, I'm still learning how to communicate what I'm feeling, and will probably cry a lot, and a huge mess."

"Great. We can be messes together."

She giggled, and kissed his cheek, a little sniffle escaping her. "I need to go."

Oliver nodded, looking down at his girlfriend. His girlfriend. It seemed unreal, and he almost pinched his hands to see if she was a figment of his imagination. "Call me when you get home?"

"I'll text you. Ollie, you need to talk to your dad and I wouldn't want to distract you." He started to talk but she shook her head. "I'm not asking you to forgive him. It's not my place to do so. You need closure. Let him say what he has to say and you can kick him out after. I don't care about him, but there's things you need to address with him and you know that."  

"Okay. I'll talk to him. Thank you." He said, hands around her waist.

Tabitha kissed him again, and the scent of flowers that was probably her perfume spread around the air as she hugged him before entering her car. She waved at him, before speeding down the road. Oliver turned to the house, and his entire face erupted in a furious blush as his mother tried to yank the curtains by the doors close. Oliver heard her squeal, and he almost didn't want to go back in, but Tabitha was right. He needed to get it over with the man who had opened the door, staring at Tabitha's car that had driven away.