Mister

Rose's POV;

My quiet sniffles are echoing off the concert walls of the basement. I knew I should have put the toast in for just a little bit longer, and yet I made it only light brown, not dark brown like Mister likes. Why did I mess up? why can't I be perfect? Mister says that if I only was perfect then maybe just maybe I would have a family who wanted me.

"What is wrong with me"? I ask my stuffies in my little voice that Mister hates.

 He always hated how I only could pronounce certain words. I have six stuffies that I found all by myself, they were left alone in the streets. They were so cold and looked like nobody wanted them, just like how nobody wanted me.  I named them after some song I learn from some toy the was left out on the streets. The stuffed Loin is named "A".  The Lamb is named "B".  The Sloth is named "C".  The Panda is named "D". The Raccoon is named "E". And the Puppy is named "LOMNOP". (you know how kids say it when they learn the Alpheat  they rush the L,M,N,O,P)

It was such a funny song.  A small smile crept up to my face as I remembered the funny song.  I wished I could have taken the toy that sang the song but it made so much sound the Mister would get angry.

"GET OVER HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT" Mister yelled, making me jump. 

I scrabble to my feet quickly not wanting to make him angry, or angrier than he already was. I quickly stuff all my stuffies in a little hole in the ground, then covered the hole with a board. I run up the stairs, or more like hobble up because one of my legs wouldn't hold any of my weight. Once I am in front of Mister I look down at my shoes knowing that he never liked me to look in his saying that it was disrespectful, and I didn't want to be disrespectful cause that would be mean. 

"WHY IS MY JUICE NOT POURED ALREADY" Mister yelled at me getting some spit on my face too.

"I- I -I thought b-big people are s-s-supposed t-to pour their o-own drinks" I stutter out quietly. I thought that adults always poured their own drinks, at least that is what the lady at the orphanage said, Lily.  She was a nice lady but she was really old and had white hair, I don't know why she had white hair but she said it is because her daughter made her sad. That wasn't very nice of her daughter.

"YOU BRAT, WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD TALK TO ME LIKE THAT" Mister yelled bringing me back to the present, as he slapped me across the face making me fall on the ground. I knew that I would be staying on the ground for the rest of the night. I started crying what did I do to deserve this.

Five hours later;

I slowly tried getting up off the kitchen floor where I have just been kicked a while ago.  Finally being able to pull myself up to a sitting position think about all the evil I have done. I undercooked toast, overcooked fish, didn't cook dinner at the right time, didn't know how to clean laundry, and didn't pour Mister's juice. I sigh, I am not good at being good I thought to myself. I quietly make my way downstairs to the basement trying not to make any sound as they would wake up Mister. Finally making it to my mattress our blanket-like thing. Getting my stuffies out from under the board, I cover them up so that they can sleep comfortably tonight. I huff as I see that there is no room for me. Sighing I just settle for sleeping beside them as I didn't want them to be cold. 

"Another cold night with only my stuffies" I whisper to myself. Looking at my stuffies I realized that they are all I have, they are what has kept me happy or as happy as I can get. I looked at each of their eyes, they need a better home. Maybe I should leave...maybe I could find a better home for my stuffies. Shutting my eyes I make up my mind, I need to find a better home for my only friends.

SOOOOO What did you think??? was it any good???? I will try to publish another chapter tomorrow.

 Please leave a comment on what you think about the story. Thank You!!!