ABCs

Rose's POV;

I have been exploring the streets for two days. I was just about to cross the street when something caught my eye. It was the toy that sung the funny song. My eyes light up, I finally found it. Running to the alleyway I pick up the toy and find a box to sit in and then I turn on the toy.  

"A, B, C-CC-C, D-D-D, E" The toy started singing. 

It was broken but even broken toys are fun to play with because it just means it was loved. I sat there with my toy enjoying the entertainment it gave me. 

Robert's POV - Rose's Real Father;

I parked my Tesla Roadster on the side of the street, I was now more toward the side of town where you would find drugies and drunks. I hated coming here unfortunately, I had some stupid gang to get rid of. "The Black Sabers" is what they call themselves, a stupid name I would say.  They stole money and killed some of my newest members. I sigh letting myself out of my car, there wasn't much left of the gang but I didn't want this behavior to go unpunished. 

Robert's Car;

I head off to the designated street where my men said that the gang would be.  Once I reach the street I am meant with three guys that look like they are in a heated conversation.  Is this all that is left of the gang? Quietly I bring out my 9mm with a screw-on suppereser. 

Robert's Gun;

I was never one for letting them live long, so I did it quickly and without hesitation. By the time they finally noticed me standing there my gun had already gone off three times.  I quickly put my gun back, as I started walking back toward my car my job was done. But as I was walking I heard a sound that was extremely faint.  Fellowing the sound I am lead to another street I start walking down it when I notice the sound is coming from a small cardboard box. I am now less than 10 feet away from the box. I think what I am hearing is some broken toy singing the ABCs? 

What? 

I walk toward the box and lift the lid that is covering it and what I see makes my heart clutch. There inside the box is a small sleeping girl that is just small enough to fit into this small box and she is holding onto a toy that looks like it belongs in the trash. I can't see the small girl's face since her hair is covering her face. How the little thing fell asleep with the broken toy singing beats me. After a least five whole minutes of staring at the adorable girl, I remember my own daughter that I use to have. She was the sweetest little girl ever, even though she only got to six months before someone just had to ruin our happiness we all loved her dearly. 

Bringing myself back to the present I wonder why this sweet girl is even on the streets, and why is she only wearing a small sundress when it is still early in the springtime not to mention it is almost dark out. Just as I am about to reach down to pick the poor girl up, she starts to stir. I watch as she slowly moves her hair out of the way and what I see next has my knees almost buckling. She has the exact same eyes as my daughter. The small girl looks at me with fear in her eyes and before I can calm her down she jumps out of the box and starts running for another street. I fellow her thinking maybe she is going home and that I better make sure she makes it back home since this is not the best side of town. 

As I watch her run, I notice that she is limping really bad on her left leg. The next thing she is doing is taking a sharp corner and running down the alleyway.  As I make the corner I see a really big cardboard house that any kid would love to play in. However, I don't see the little girl anywhere. Once I reach the little house I knock on the little cardboard door. The door opens and the little girl's face pops out, but again her eyes are still filled with fear. 

"Hi, my name is Robert princess, what is yours"? I say. But as a reach my hand out to shake hers, she flinches and crawls back a few inches. Sadness fills my eyes, the poor girl.  Since the handshake did not work I start to talk to her hoping to ease her into liking me. 

" Can you please tell me your name sweetie?" I ask with the nicest voice I think I can muster.  I see her curiously look at me, then with the most adorable voice I have ever heard she tells me her name. But what she says makes me freeze ....The same exact name.

"Rose," she says.

Thoughts?????? How did you like the Father??? 

Please leave comments