PROLOGUE

"How are you?"

She laughed while shaking her head, "I'm good. How are you? Are you happy?" she asked him with a little smile on her face; because she didn't want him to know that she's hurting from the inside. He couldn't do anything, and she couldn't do anything, too. It's just their fate or their luck. But whatever you're going to call it, just know that it wasn't good. At least for her.

"I'm good and yeah I'm happy." he said while smiling so big, and she knew when she saw him like this that he's really happy, but without her. And that's okay, that's more than okay to her. The most important thing is that he's finally happy, even if his happiness is without her.

"Yeah, actually you look happier than you were with me and that's okay. I'm happy too. You called him Adam, huh?" she asked him with a chuckle to hide her pain that he couldn't notice, not anymore.

"Yeah, I did. His sister her name is Rose like your name."

"Why?" she asked him, and he knew what is she talking about as always.

He sighed and his eyes were full of tears, "I guess that I couldn't move on and I will never do. You don't have just a piece of my heart, you have all of my heart. And I wanted something to remind me of you, that you were here, that you loved me, that we were real, so I called my son the name you would've called him, and I called my daughter Rose; because I didn't want to forget you nor to stop calling your name."

She tried to hold her tears, but when the first tear fell from her eyes, she could not stop them. But she removed them; because she didn't want to make him sad.

"I'm in love with you. I've always been and I'll always be." she whispered, but he heard her.

"I love you more than anything."

"Do you love your wife?" she asked the question that she's been dying to ask.

"Yes, but not as much as I love you. I told you before that I will never love someone as much as I love you. Yes, she makes me happy, and she gave me two kids. I'm just happy because of my kids. And she knows that I can't love her completely." he explained.

She nodded, "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

She sighed while she was trying to hold her tears, "Thank you for loving me, thank you for being the only person who still remembers me. So, thank you for making me feel like I was here at some point."

And before he could respond to her. His wife and his kids came to him. When Rose saw his wife holding his daughter and his son came running to his father, the father bended his knees, so he could reach his son's height. She took all of these as a sign to leave, but this time for good.

So she disappeared before he could see her watching him and his happy family. She could not let him see her like that.

After he took his son between his arms, he turned around to find her not there. Like she was never there. He felt his chest tighten.

His wife took his hand and the happy family started heading inside their house. And before the last step, he turned around; because he wanted to see her one last time. But he didn't find her. He knew his girl that once she made her mind, no one could change her mind. But sometimes she changed her mind just for him, but this time she couldn't.

And as he kissed his wife on her head, she was watching him with a broken smile and tears streaming down her face.

She waved goodbye to him, a goodbye that he didn't see.

After he closed the door, she started walking and leaving his house that once was her home. But sometimes we leave our homes for a good reason, and her reason was his happiness.

***

Hi! This is my 1st English novel, I guess it will be so short, but we'll see.

Anyway, what do you think?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND WRITE YOUR OPINION!

Thanks for reading! ♥️

All the love, Cherry 🍒
TPWK ✨