CHAPTER 9: Just One Week

"All my light turned to darkness 
All my gold turned to sorrow
All I knew was a lie
All I need is just in front of me" 

(Like a funeral- Erik Jonasson)

***

I've always wondered why do we meet people and fall in love with them when they're not going to be our forever? A lot of people would say that we meet them so we can learn a lesson. But what if you gave that person everything you have? What if you loved that person more than anything? What if that person was your forever, but in the wrong time? What if that person was the one, but fate decided to come and tear the both of you apart? 

I knew that Rose was the one for me, I knew that she was everything I've ever wanted, I knew that she was what I needed, I knew that she was my everything. Even if she was just a ghost, but it was her. That was the real her, she would've been like that if she was alive. She would've been funny, lovely, adorable, beautiful, amazing, gorgeous and smart even if she didn't want to believe that. But she was, she was my home.

She was the only one I've dreamed about, she was the only one who I wanted to come back home and find her sitting on the couch watching her favorite movies that make her cry. I wanted to come back home to find her on our bed waiting for me or sleeping so peacefully and looking like an angel while hugging a pillow; because that's how she loves to sleep. I just wanted to come back home to her; because wherever she was it was home. 

The next day she came as she promised. I was still in disbelief. Like how can something be so real and not real at the same time? Rose was like an illusion, a perfect illusion. Rose was the only illusion that I wouldn't want to wake up from and live the reality. 

After she came, she tried to make me take everything easy. But it wasn't easy, it wasn't easy to lose her and it will never be easy… Ever.

"How are you feeling today?" she asked while playing with her fingers. She was nervous. 

I stared at her without speaking. How could she think that I could've been feeling anything but not pain? 

"I know. I know it's hard and I know that you're in pain, too. But one day you'll move on, Harry . One day you'll forget about me; because I'm nothing but an ordinary girl who's dead." her voice broke at the end. 

I felt the tears running down on my face, "No, no. Y-you're not just an ordinary girl to me. I love you, Rose." I choked out.

She gulped while the tears were forming in her eyes, "I love you more, Harry . I swear I do, but I guess love isn't everything. Harry , I'm just a ghost. I'll fade away in the air someday." 

I shook my head, "No. You can't fucking leave me! I can't live without you, Rose. I swear I can't."

The tears were falling down on our faces. It was hard, it was hard to accept something you don't want to believe, but you need to; because you can't change the truth. You can't change anything, and I couldn't change anything. I couldn't stop the pain, I couldn't make her stay; because she was never there from the beginning. I couldn't change the fact that she was dead.

"I can't live without you, I mean I couldn't live without you, but look at me now. I'm dead. And no one can change that, no one. Harry , I know that you love me and maybe you love me so much. You know? That's all I ever wanted and it happened, but in a way that's so bittersweet. But I'm glad that it happened. And believe me that one day you'll move on and fall in love again with someone so much better for you. Someone who will love you, but that someone isn't me, Harry. And I'm sorry. I have one week, just one week till I'll be gone for good." she said with her tears streaming down her face. 

One week? One week and everything would be gone. Our memories, our laughs. Everything would be gone, but that time was for good. No more Rose. Just me, my pain and my love for her that would never dissappear. 

"O-one week? What do you mean? You don't mean that I'll never see you again, do you?" I stuttered. 

It was unfair.

"One week and I'll be gone for good, Harry . You will not see me again and I guess that's the best for you." 

I stood up, "No. No. You don't get to say what is good for me and what is not good for me!" I screamed. 

She cried harder, "I know. I fucking know that! But I don't want to leave you in pain. I didn't want to hurt you, Harry."

"I'm in pain! I'll always be in pain, Rose! And you hurt me even if you didn't want to, but you did."

She stood up from her seat, "Why are you blaming me?! It's not like I killed myself and came here so I could only hurt you! I didn't get to say anything in my fucking death!" 

"I'm fucking blaming you because I didn't want you to show up in my life and be an illusion, an illusion that I'll never be able to heal from it. I'll never be able to heal from loving you, Rose. And you expect me to move on from you? You expect me to suddenly stop loving you?! I have never ever loved someone like I fucking love you! I-I have never loved someone so fucking much that it hurt to be in love like I love you. It hurts me to love you and I can't stop it; I can't stop loving you, I can't stop my heart from skipping a beat whenever I see you, I can't stop myself from falling in love with you all over and over again like that first time in the park. I can't and I won't. I love you so much and I can't let you go, Rose." I cried. 

She ran into my arms, her arms around my neck, my arms around her waist. We were holding onto each other like there was no tomorrow. 

"I love you so much, more than you know. And I'm sorry for hurting you. I didn't want that. I'm sorry." she cried in my neck. 

"J-just hold me, please." I whispered. 

I just wanted her to hold me as long as possible… Maybe forever, but forever wasn't meant for us.

*****************************

Just one week and rose will be gone for good...

I know that maybe some of you will get bored, but the next 4 chapters will be about how Harry and Rose will spend that week. And of course there are some things are going to happen.

Thanks for reading! 💕
All the love, Cherry 🍒
TPWK ✨