The Life After: of Life and Happy Endings

****Author's corner: (This will be long, feel free to skip it!)

Have Mama Isabella fanart as my apology 'gift' for all of you :') It may not be the best, but I hope you enjoy it!

Hello! It's been... so long, too long, that I have lost count of the days I've been away. Last time I checked, The Promised Neverland Anime has only one season aired. Speaking of TPN, the season 2 has now ended, with lots of pros and contras along the production. I, too, have mixed feelings about it. This has been one of the anime(s) that brought me to its manga, and one thing's for sure, I did not regret this choice😂. What about you, what do you think of the second season? I'd love to hear your thoughts about this! 

I was checking into my account a few days ago, and found so many kind and supportive comments that all of you has been leaving in this story! Thank you very much for this, everything means a lot! I'm glad to have written this story. I tried to fix some parts from the past chapters, especially the 'scandalous' chapter "of high school and drama (2)" :') And, yeah! This might be the last chapter to this story! Thank you for waiting and staying patient with this inconsistent writer with her inconsistent writing :') Enjoy!

.

.

.

Thmp thmp thmp. Small pitter patter of steps sounded against the wooden floor board. A pair of small feet wobbled around the perimeter with the help of an equally small walker. Bright blue eyes excitingly swallowed in every image they had landed on. Those eyes belonged to a small boy, barely able to walk with their own two feet, maybe around the age of 12 months or less. The round bumpers around his walker prevented him from grasping anything within his reach, and he was gradually getting bored, and fast. Nothing is stimulating that brain and he's feeling grumpy. His attention got caught into one of the subjects standing not too far from the counter in front of him. Short chubby limbs moved accordingly to what his eyes saw. Spinning wheels whirred against the floor in a discontinuing speed, notifying the subject about their whereabouts.

"Hello dearie! Are you hungry?" The woman crouched down at the little boy flailing his little arms, desperate for attention. 

"Alright, alright. Just a minute." She fumbled with the straps securing the baby from slipping off his bright yellow walker. 

Once she managed to free the boy, she carried him in her arms and gave the little boy caresses atop of his familiar platinum hair. She tried feeding him milk from the bottle she had been preparing earlier, however the little one somehow keeps on refusing to be fed. 

"Now, what is it that you want?" She sighed as she glanced worriedly at the boy. He pointed at the blocks lying idly on the ground. 

"You want to play stacks? Is that what you want?" The woman cooed. 

"Well, I suppose we have some time before your father comes home." She smiled before letting her son play with the colourful toy boxes. The sound of materials shuffling along with a flush and the unlocking sound of the bathroom door, the woman smiled. 

"Let me see you off, Penny." Another female popped up from the bathroom. She looks a little bit younger than the woman earlier. 

"Mrs. Minerva, are you sure you want me to leave early today? I can babysit Leslie for you." 'Penny' voiced out feeling rather concerned. 

"Of course it's alright. I'm taking Leslie to a relative's today, so I'll take it from here." The woman chuckled while taking Penny's cloak from the hanger. 

"Besides, I heard you're going to take your university entrance exam in a week's time. You should take all the chances to study for it!" She smiled.