36-G-ratifying

**Author's corner: I decided to write two chapters in a row to make up for my frequent absence in posting these days. I hope you enjoy! 

We met Gilda and Phil along the way, and they've notified the other groups as well. 

"There he is." Gilda pointed to a figure not too far from us, must be Ray, judging by his signature bed hair and dark choice of clothing. 

"And thank goodness he's stopping." I breathed out while still running towards him. 

As soon as we neared to where he was frozen on the spot, I spotted another person crouching down just in front of Ray. Finally catching up with him, I can finally get a clearer view to what was stopping Ray from going. A familiar unruly orange hair greeted my sight, my breath hitched up on my throat at the sudden revelation. Please don't let this be a dream. The force of gravity felt even stronger and heavier that time, everyone else was frozen in place as well. Emma. 

"There you are." Ray's voice brought me back to the current reality. 

"Emma!" Everyone cheered after feeling all the relief washed over me. 

My body moved on its own, leaping towards Emma, giving her a very big hug along with Gilda and Phil. I gasped still in disbelief that we've finally found her. 

"Where have you been? We're all so scared." I muttered while the tears once again marched their way out of my eyes. 

This time of relief and happiness. There's going to be a lot of explaining and scolding that follows afterwards, but right now, I was feeling overly relieved after being reunited with a long lost sister. I heard everyone had given their share of thoughts upon seeing Emma. We let go off her, trying to not prolong the teary reunion sprawled on the floor. 

"Now we can all go home together." I wiped off my tears and smiled at her. 

"Uhm," Emma stared back at me rather anxiously and perplexed, "Who-who are all of you?" Her words brought all my tears to a halt. 

The others who were cheerfully chattering away earlier grew silent as well. Everyone started asking whether or not she's the real Emma, and all along the lines. My mind went blank for a split second. No, this is Emma, there's no mistake. All the memories of Emma's statement about the reward came surging back into my head as if everything just happened a while ago. 

****

"Well, he asked for my family." Emma pondered remembering the time when she was still at the seven walls. "What?" Everyone asked in horror. "Well he told me that my family is important to me so he wanted you guys. However, we're all going to the human world, it's the promise, so he can't have all of you back here. So in the end, he didn't ask for any reward. He said that he's taken away everything from us for 1000 years. So, those 1000 years are the price." 

****

There was a price wasn't there? He really took her family away from her. 

"No, this is Emma." Ray said slowly, his eyes never left that familiar Mujika's amulet on her hands. 

"You lost your memory didn't you?" He had a very solemn look on his eyes. 

Norman was not faring any better either. All the strength I had was taken away from me, my legs gave up and I dropped down into a sitting position, backing away from everything. Yvette helped me stand back up right after that shocking revelation. Everyone was yelling things, trying to convince Emma of something in the past.