06-S-alvation

"What should we do?" Emma looked up to Ray. 

"We can steal some medicine on the farms!" An unfamiliar boy with blonde hair piped in. My confused stare made Ray explain the whole situation. So William Minerva is real and he has been destroying farms and saving all the kids inside? He also went as far as to sending us these two people, Hayato and Jin, as an escort to his domain? I found hope shone down from heaven. 

"It's easy we've done that plenty of times, but we have to be careful because the demons are going to heighten their security system now that the news about us are spreading." Hayato implied. 

"It's true that farms must have supplies." Emma seemed to be in a deep thought. 

"Then let's go and quick!" Ray resolved. 

"Hayato can you lead us the way?" Ray asked the boy. 

"And we need one more person who understands medicines." Emma spoke up. I thought to myself who would be the most efficient to go on this quest? My mind flickered to Anna and she could use the experience, besides Zack is needed to protect the kids. I can stay back and make sure they're okay for the mean time. 

"Take Anna with you." I told her. Anna looked perplexed. 

"I'm sure she knows a whole lot more about the necessary medicine. And we need more people to protect the group in case of an emergency. I'll handle Chris and Dominic here." I said and nodded at Anna. 

"That's right we might have to make it small so that we can move quickly and get the job done swiftly." Ray concluded. I told Anna a few things about the medicines and what to look for specifically, she quickly prepared herself for the journey and we saw them off.

Meanwhile, we carried on the journey to the jaw of the tiger, for it might take two and a half days to reach the destination and the fact that we're walking in a huge number along with small kids in tow. I hugged Chris closer to me as the journey continued with Jin as our guide. 

"Dominic, how are you feeling?" I asked the boy walking with an injured leg, supported by Don. "Nothing I can't manage." He smiled trying to mask away the pain. 

"Good boy." I smiled and patted his head. After a day, Emma's group had finally caught on to us all with the proper medicine. 

"Thank goodness." I hugged the three of them. 

"And thank goodness the four of you are fine." I looked at them for any possible scratches. 

"Oh we got some help along the way." Emma pointed at a man wearing a lunch bag on his head. 

"This is Zazie, an ally from Minerva as well." She continued. The kids started surrounding him confused with his odd manner in fashion. I quickly gave Zack the medicine so that he could apply them to Chris and Dominic. Gilda went next to me, 

"We're going to make it through." She smiled and took my hand on hers. I almost teared up at her encouraging words. All the hard days, exhaustion and devastating memories seemed to have lessened with the fact that Mr. William Minerva is here to save us all.

After a day and a half of walking non-stop, we finally stumbled upon a huge tree, it's so huge that the other normal trees in the forest paled out in comparison. 

"This tree is so huge." Don voiced out the thoughts that I'm pretty sure everyone had inside their heads at that time. 

"Oh, this is the base." Hayato and Jin led us to a tunnel inside the tree. 

"We're going inside?" I asked them. 

"Yep! The base is inside the tree. Well it used to be a demon clan's' colony before Mr. William Minerva ended up winning over it and used it as a hideout." Hayato explained once more. My sight was greeted by tall structures with complicated designs, as well as the stairs in each section being carefully thought of. Each structure seems to be small rooms, probably home to other kids like us. We were also told that Mr. Minerva and his associates are raiding off, destroying and saving kids from several farms already. It added my respect and admiration for the man who is behind all this, and to put all of his selfness aside in order to save children merely bred as food. I almost teared up at the sight. 

"Chris, don't worry, you'll get better treatment here now." I smiled and clasped his weak hand in mine.