28-A-vail

The demons weren't planning to go down without a fight, but no matter, we'll keep on shooting in a tight formation. The Hayflick Limit, or so what I've read, will take place inside every species, demons included. We divided ourselves into two groups to divide the numbers of demons, this way, it'll be easier for us to handle them. I felt myself going back to back with Emma, Ray and Norman while being cornered off by some demons. 

"Dead end!" One of the demons spoke up. Any time now! 

"I wonder about that." Norman smiled confidently as he tapped on his earpiece. 

A little while after, we can hear the doors around us unroll themselves, creating a passageway for us to carry out the plan accordingly. 

"Emma, Ray, ________, after that right-right-left! Gillian two are coming from the front right! Oliver, Zack, go around from the west and draw three more! Don, you have two corners left, two corners down!" I heard Norman said rapidly through the intercom whilst running not far behind us. H-He's really amazing! 

"Let's go to B1! He's there!" Norman said after thanking several people through the earpiece. 

I hope everyone's holding out just fine! 

After running for a while we're nearing the drawing room on B1 at the end of the hall, "Mission accomplished." Norman stated to us after receiving response from the others. 

"Thank goodness." I breathed out a sigh of relief. We shot down the door several times before Ray kicked it down.

I readied my firearm in case the head of the Ratri clan decided to do something dangerous behind the door.

Empty. All of us were caught off guard at the sight of the empty room before us. Several carelessly strewn papers, couches and a desk, but no Peter Ratri. 

"Wh-what's going on?" I turned to Norman. 

"I'm not sure," he said before addressing Vincent. 

"Vincent are you there?" Norman asked through the mic. I watched Norman closely before his face turned into a troubled one. 

Emma, Ray and I shot him a questioning glance before he looked at us straight in the eyes, "Peter Ratri." Those words were enough to send everything pulverizing to the ground. 

If he's talking through Vincent's earpiece, then he's inside the operating room now, probably Vincent, Nigel and the Lambda kids were taken hostage. This is bad, if he got a hold of the computer and took over to restore the system. 

"Where's Vincent and the others?" Norman said through his clenched jaw. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps and the clicking of guns behind us. I turned my head to see several men wearing black, aiming his gun towards us. I swiftly readied my aim at those men, if we can't go out then neither of you can proceed further either! I took several steps behind me and looked at Emma and Ray who were equally unsure of what to do next. 

"Mujika and Sonju were captured for trial, and all the citizens affected are killed." Norman breathed in frustration. 

"You monster!" Norman seethed. 

"Wait, they haven't got past Vincent's security." Norman said at last. The tension-filled air was getting stronger as I am very much ready to pull the trigger at any moment. 

"Wait, what about Vincent then?" I noticed that in order to crack the code, they'll need Vincent. He's going to be stuck in a very tight spot in that case!