04-M-alice

We came back to the others as soon as we could, wasting no time. I looked at the shelter again for the first time in a long time. Everyone is still alive and well, everything is the way it was supposed to be. The gardens have grown, the pile of laundries and dishes too, but we managed to survive this far. 

"______, you're back!" The kids started to surround me again.

 "Yes, I did." I chuckled as they started to pile up into me. 

"Did you find it?" Yugo asked. Emma grinned and nodded in confirmation. 

"Yes we did." Emma then proceeded to tell about the whereabouts and the information regarding the seven walls. 

"We need to run! Now!" Pepe suddenly burst inside the dining room. 

"What?" I suddenly got alerted from the sudden command. 

"We're under attack! I didn't know, they suddenly came, the camera can only detect them just now!" He explained sprinting down. I can feel panic rushing through my veins and I immediately looked at Ray for confirmation. He nodded, 

"It's probably the blindspot, but how do they know." He muttered. 

"Quick everyone to the emergency secret room!" Yugo opened the entrance and led the way in. 

"______!" Yvette inched closer to me in fear. I had my arms around her as we escaped to the secret room. 

"Yvette! It's going to be okay! We have everyone and an escape plan." I smiled reassuringly at her. Although I am trying to stop my own trembling hands and give some comfort. 

"Is someone providing information from the inside?" I asked Ray who was trying to calm Jemima with him. 

"It could be, but I highly doubt that's the case." Ray seemed to be in distress while deep in thought. 

"It's fine, we'll escape through the secret passage. Even if they discover us, we'll be in advantage of it geographically." Emma spoke up. We then took the weaponries we could take with us and also emergency packs that were prepared in advance in case this very moment arises. Yugo opened up the small entry and all of us entered the underground escape route. I made a mental map on my mind trying to remember the route to the outside. 

"I'm scared, they're humans too, why do they want to kill us?" Yvette cowered closer to me. I smiled crouching down to her level. 

"Well, it's because they thought our actions may result in a war between our world and the human's world. But they did not know that we are trying to stop that, Emma and Ray are trying to make a new promise, so all of us can go to the human world and no war will take place." I explained as we made our way through the tunnels. 

"If that happens, they won't go for us? So why don't we just tell them?" She inquired once more. 

"That's because they don't want new things to take place. They're already comfortable this way and they won't listen to us. They thought the risk and probability weighs down the result." I put it simply. 

"But I'm sure we'll make it! Emma, Ray, Don, Gilda and everyone else will surely make this happen!" I grinned and patted her head. It might happen, no, it must happen I know it will! 

"Okay, after climbing this ladder, we'll be outside and running." We stayed for a while to check the surroundings and made sure the plan was clear for everyone. I know all of them are reluctant to leave this shelter, but we have to, or else we'd all be killed once they send more reinforcements.

BANG! A sudden voice of something loud interrupted the silence of the tunnel. By reflex, I immediately shielded Yvette from anything in front of us. Everyone looked as if they saw something unsettling and life-threatening before their eyes. 

"Chris!" Emma quickly got a hold of the boy, and he seemed somewhat wounded. My gaze flickered to the sight before me, two people laid flat on the ground, bleeding severely. I almost gagged at the sight of their heads. 

"Yvette," I crouched down to her level trying to suppress any displeasure. 

"I want you to cover your eyes and hold my hand tightly okay?" I smiled. 

"______, can you help Jemima too?" Ray gave Jemima's hand for mine to hold as he then prepared his gun and stood in front of us. 

"Jemima, I need you to do the same with Yvette okay, close your eyes and hold my hand tightly, don't ever let go, both of you." I told them to do so, and they obeyed almost immediately. In the nick of time, Rossi arrived at the scene bringing something like a pager and told us about those men's communicating device. 

"They've surrounded our escape route except the south one." Ray told us as we listened to it. We made our way to the south escape route in no time. I dragged along Yvette and Jemima so that we can make it as quickly as possible.

"_______, remember to always stay near me." Ray notified me, as he cocked the firearm, to which I gladly complied to. Yugo went up first to make sure that the coast is clear above as well. We heard a shot being fired, but then he told us that it was safe to climb above now. Once all of us made it above, I told Yvette and Jemima to open their eyes but to still hold on tight to me. Yugo and Lucas commanded us to go run to a possible hideout and that they'll go inside once more to obliterate possible enemies that might come after us during our escape. 

"Let us stay behind too!" Oliver told them. 

"Nope! This will be a job for us adults, you kids shouldn't be burdened with such things." Lucas happily grinned. 

"Yugo, Lucas! You better come back to us after clearing the area." I lunged at them to give both a big hug before we departed. It's a risky step to make, but I believe that they'll accomplish it soon. 

"Let's go!" Emma led the pack.

So far we ran, there are no signs of Yugo nor Lucas. My mind started wandering off to a dangerous possibility. I can feel pain in my heart as the running continues. I saw them as a father figure, an older brother figure, a mentor that had saved us and helped us through the days. I can't bear the thought of losing the two who meant too much to everyone and myself. 

"Please be safe." I muttered under my breath. I checked on Yvette and Jemima occasionally to make sure that they're keeping up with the pace. And finally we found it, the place where we started all this. The underground dwelling where Mujika, Sonju, and all of us stayed before we made our way to the shelter. 

"Back to where it all started huh." I smiled at Emma. 

"Mhm, we'd be safe here for the while!" She nodded as she inspected the entrance once more. 

"Emma, I'm worried about Yugo and Lucas. Should I head back there and check?" I suggested. 

"No. We can't afford to risk that much. We have to trust them for the while. We're not sure whether they escaped, or things took turn for the worst and the enemies are still on the loose." Emma furrowed her brows. I nodded in agreement. 

"Everyone, it might not be as comfortable as the shelter, but we'll be safe here. What matters most is that we're alive and well." Emma concluded as everyone started to settle down the things. 

"We can rest for tonight and then take turns on keeping watch outside." Oliver said.