FOUR

"Althea I'd like to talk with you." Aro suddenly spoke pulling me from my reading material. I was sat on one of the sofas is Aro's office. Big double doors led into the room, a set of black twin sofas sitting on a rug, further along was a desk where Aro worked, behind that a big shelf filled with documents and books. Behind the sofas were gaps and more book shelves.

"Sure. What's up?" I got up and went to sit down on one of the chairs that faced the desk. He seemed nervous. "Aro?" He opened the desk drawer and pulled out a pair of leather gloves, slipping them on. He came around to sit next to me.

"I want to hold your hand." His voice was firm but his face was soft. The words he said could have easily pulled a giggle from me but somehow it just didn't seem like the right time. I reached for his hands and held them. I didn't like feeling the gloves in my hands, but I didn't know if I was ready for him to see everything yet.

"Aro I want to feel your touch, but I'm scared." I gazed into his eyes waiting for what he would say back.

"What are you scared of il mio amore?" He asked quietly.

"For you to see me. I've been invisible for the most of my life and I like it. I'm good at it. But you can see me for what, who I truly am. And that's scary." I answered. It's true, for someone to see you as you really are is a scary thing.

"I will wait for as long as you need until you're ready." Aro smiled gently, he seemed so different than when I first met him. The first day I did, his eyes were wide with craziness. His ferociousness, was no where to be seen right now.

"Thankyou." I smiled sheepishly. The moment was cut short with the bang of Aro's office door. They swung open and in walked the woman I knew as their secretary. She had a huge smile as she walked forward with a silver pallet and a letting laying on it. Aro was up in an instant grabbing the letter. She eyed me, looking down her nose at me in a snobby way.

"Felix." The black haired King muttered and the big red eyed guy had appeared suddenly dragging away the woman. She screamed all the way down the hall, the doors shutting close.

"I apologise il mio amore." He smiled but I brushed it off.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled back shaking my head carelessly. "I'm gunna go take my book back to the library." I told him receiving a hum as he was engrossed in the letter he held. Walking out the door Demetri slowly walked with me.

"Did you enjoy your reading my Queen?" He asked looking straight ahead.

"Yeah, it was interesting." I muttered looking at the crime filled book, though other things were on my mind.

"You seem troubled my Queen." He once again spoke up, I think trying to connect. I didn't reply, thinking about what to do. The end of the two weeks was slowly approaching and the question about wether I stay or go, remained.

"Demetri?" He turned his head in my direction slightly in acknowledgement. "If you were in my shoes what would you do?"

"Actually wear shoes." He joked looking down at my fluffy socks. I had forgotten to put on shoes this morning before leaving the bedroom and I really didn't want to trail all the way back to the room just to get them. Plus my feet were warm so that's all that mattered.

"Seriously." I laughed giving his arm a nudge, though he didn't move he laughed.

"I am always serious. Tell me again." He slightly smiled.

"I leave in a few days or, well I stay. I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out." I huffed.

"I'm probably not the best person to ask. But I know some people who can help if you don't mind sharing with them?" He seemed genuine, like he he wanted to help me so I nodded. He left me with the two guards that stood outside the library before wizzing off, only to return with two woman.

"My Queen." They both bowed making me feel uncomfortable.

"Please, call me Thea. I already tried to get Demetri to but.." I looked at the women's faces and concluded, "you're going to be the same aren't you?" They nodded and I internally groaned. Turning to push the library doors open, I walked inside the three vampires following me.

"This is Heidi, she has the ability to attract people. And Chelsea, she has the gift to influence the emotional ties between individuals." Demetri explained.

"That's so cool." They seemed happy with my words. "Okay since Demetri can't help me, can you? I just need some advice?"

"Of course. Anything you need my Queen." Chelsea smiled sitting down on one of the many sofas in the big library. It was fully loaded with books, old and new. It reminded me somewhat of the library of Congress, though I'd only ever seen that in photos. I took a seat next to her and explained my situation to both women, Heidi remained standing.

"The deal was to stay for two weeks and if I wanted to leave after that I could. But I don't know if I want to stay or go. I mean there isn't really much to go home to and being away from my mates hurts. I feel better when I'm with them, but then again my whole life is back in the US. It's a big decision." Looking at both woman they seemed to be in thought.

"You know what I noticed," Heidi spoke directly to Chelsea who nodded.

"She called them her mates." Chelsea replied wearing the same beaming expression as the other woman.

"I did?"

"You did." Demetri nodded.

"Doesn't that answer your question? You've accepted them and it hurts to be away from them." Heidi stated.

"The real question isn't wether you want to stay or go. It's, are you happy here?" Chelsea asked.

"Yes. I am." I answered without hesitation. "I've basically been alone all my life. No friends, no family but being here, I've never felt like I belonged somewhere so much before." I admitted, it felt like I was saying it more to myself than them.

"Then there's your answer."