SEVEN

"You know I didn't expect you to be so nice." Heidi said out of the blue. I'd spent all morning with her and Chelsea while the kings were in trials. We'd stirred up a little bit of trouble throughout the castle during our time together. Pranking some of the lower ranked guards with silly gags. Even going as far as to messing up Stefano's cake he was making. He scolded us like a father would.

"Oh? What makes you say that?" I questioned while tying the water balloon in my hands together. Our next mission was to water bomb the elite guards when they came out of trials.

"Because Athenodora and Sulpicia are so mean." Heidi huffed.

"Yeah! I can't tell you how many times the wives had been rude towards us." Chelsea rolled her eyes as we walked.

"Wives?" I asked.

"Yeah the King's wiv.....shit." She swore but I barely heard. I felt my heart hammering inside my chest, I could hear it.

"Ah cara mia." Aro greeted when I burst into Aro's office, causing my anger to burn even more.

"You're married!" I fumed. It was like all time had paused, each of my mates looked my way. My heavy breathing was the only thing you could hear as I scowled at them.

"Please. Let us explain." Aro pleaded.

"No! You don't need to, I've had it explained to me already. When were you going to tell me? Huh? Were you even going to tell me at all?" I gritted my teeth trying to stop myself from full on screaming at them.

"Yes, we were going to tell you. But we wanted for you to be absolutely comfortable with us first." Aro stood as he spoke and moved to the centre of the room.

"So basically you were gunna wait until I was too attached to leave any of you. That's manipulation 101!" I yelled, completely fuming. The room became silent once more as I paced back and forth.

"I can't be mad. That's the worst part about this! I actually can't be mad at you guys because you met them first and married them before meeting me." I huffed like a small child having a tantrum. I didn't care if I was acting like a kid, I was angry and had every right to be.

"Tesoro." Marcus tried to talk to me. But I wasn't ready to listen.

"Actually that's a lie. I can be mad. I can be angry that you didn't tell me about it." I turned and looked at the two kings who looked sorry, making a pang of guilt hit my heart. Just for a second.

"What can we do to make you forgive us?" Caius questioned, his voice somewhat desperate.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I wanna meet them." I stated making all three stand quickly.

"No, they could hurt you." Marcus' voice was firm.

"It wasn't a request." I retorted. "You want to know what you can do to make me forgive you? This is what you do." I tried to make my face as expressionless as possible.

"Alright." Caius nodded, his eyes never leaving mine.

———————-
I stood on shaky legs waiting while my mates told their wives that they had found their soulmate. Fun. Marcus had his hand in mine while I waited. I hadn't had time to even think about apologising for his loss. I knew what it felt like to loose someone you loved, I just hoped that I could comfort him even a little.

"I want to see the whore who took you from me!" A brunette woman burst through the throne room doors, her eyes scanning the space for her target, when she locked on Marcus pushed me behind him.

"Stand down, Sulpicia or I will be forced to hurt you." Marcus' force was strong matching his protective stance.

"You too? Disgusting." She scoffed. I walked out from behind my brunette mate.

"Tesoro." He warned, his cold hand wrapped around my wrist.

"It's okay Marcus." I said, as she stared me down, turning her nose up. I could see Aro out of the corner of my eyes as well as Caius and a blonde hanging on his arm. He looked angered.

"This? This is what you traded me for? How pathetic." She laughed. "And she's human too."

"She can hear you." She seemed surprised with how I spoke to her.

"Wow kitty's got claws." She chuckled darkly.

"Yeah, and one hell of a scratch too." I felt my lip almost curling up at this woman. She was irritating me.

"Caiussssss stop being silly, you know you love me. You just have to spend more time with me!" I glanced over at the blonde who was hanging onto my mate's arm. His face showed pure annoyance.

"I haven't loved you once. We married out of convenience, you know that." He growled at the blonde.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed pointing her finger at me, then it happened. She zoomed towards me, Marcus pulled me away fast enough and pulled off her head quicker than I could react.

"Don't look." Caius cupped my face making sure I didn't look at the decapitated body.

"I won't look." I covered his hands with mine.

"Really? She can't even stomach looking at a dead body?" Sulpicia shook her head in disbelief. I moved out of Caius' hold and looked at the female vampire.

"You don't know a thing about me. So shut the hell up!" She didn't know anything about me. Stomach looking at a dead body? I had stay with two of them for three days! Who does she think she is?

"How dare you! I am the Queen of—"

"No, you are not." Aro, who had been silent so far, finally spoke up. "The Queen of the Volturi is right here." He whooshed to my side, his knuckle caressed the side of my face. "This beauty, she is our Queen."

"You must be joking." Sulpicia's face scrunched up as she looked at Aro.

"Curb your tongue!" He spat.

"I have been here much longer than she has! I belong here, not her!" Aro's hand twitched at the need to kill the woman he had once loved.

"Sulpicia." He warned, snarling dangerously.

"Why! I'm supposed to be here! I'm better than her! I'm the Quee—" I screamed in shock when Aro ripped her apart. He whipped around, realising he had just murdered someone in front of his mate.

"Please don't be afraid of me." Aro came towards me slowly.

"I'm not afraid. Promise."