TWENTY-ONE

And that was how I left it. I had stormed upstairs and gone straight to sleep. The next day I hadn't spoken a word to them nor them to me. Even as I sat on the jet looking out the window I didn't want to be near them until they explained or at least apologised. To be fair Marcus and Caius didn't really do anything but the fact they didn't defend humans, showed they agree with what Aro said.

When they sat next to me on the jet I moved away to sit on my own. That's what I needed right now, to be alone. No vampires, just a little old human.

"Hey." I looked up to see Chelsea and Heidi.

"Hey." I responded.

"Can we sit?" Heidi asked to which I nodded.

"So why are we upset?" Chelsea asked making me crack a smile. Even if it had nothing to do with them, they would be upset, angry, annoyed if it had made me feel that way too.

"Do you hate humans?" I asked hearing how the quiet chatting in the background had stopped. Clearly everyone was listening.

"I don't hate them. They're quite tasty." Heidi joked making me give her a 'really?' look. "Okay fine, they're not all bad. Some of them are nice."

"I like what they invent. Different types of music, books, cooking, all the cultures. They're quite wonderful. Why?" Chelsea asked.

"To me it just seems that every vampire I meet has forgotten that they were once human too. That they once had to work hard every day just to stay alive, constantly on the verge of death, and how satisfying every day was when they survived it." I replied.

"If you've been alive for as long as we have, you just forget. All this becomes our life." Heidi shrugged, "you'll understand it when you've been alive for a few hundred years like us."

"No. Even if, when, I become a vampire I never wanna forgot who I was. Who I am." I said sternly, more to myself than anyone else.

"Okay, then you don't forget and you do a little something everyday that reminds of what it feels like to be human." Chelsea smiled softly, I returned it. 

"Thanks." I grabbed both of their hands feeling happy once again. The plane landed sooner than I expected it to, although I wasn't really paying attention. The car ride was exactly like the plane, silent.

I sighed heavily placing my pillow back on my bed where it belonged, completely disregarding my full suitcase. I could sort that out tomorrow. Right now I needed a long hot bath and me time.

I ran down the hallway straight to Chelsea's room, without knocking I ignored her and Afton making out on the bed and went inside her bathroom to grab a face mask and a hair mask from her collection. I quickly ran back out shouting a 'thanks'. Kept going until I reached my room once more, however this time I wasn't alone.

Nudity ahead ;)

"Tesoro, may I speak with you?" He asked so polite.

"I was actually about to go in the bath." I replied sheepishly.

"Oh." He almost seemed to pout.

"You can join me—I mean you, I" I stuttered stupidly.

"I'd like to, if you would like me to." He stepped forward grabbing my hand and holding it gently. I couldn't find the words so I just nodded.

"May I?" Marcus tugged at the bottom of my shirt, I nodded and he helped me take it off. I watched as his eyes flashed black, when he unclipped my bra and let it drop. I moved forward unbuttoning his shirt and pushing said shirt along with his suit jacket off of his body. He was so toned, a warrior's body. My warrior.  His hands slid around my waist, I gasped at the coldness of them.

"So beautiful." A slight smile pulled at his lips.

"I'm gonna go get the bath started." He tightened his grip on me, pressing a kiss to my lips before shaking his head.

"Allow me." He whispered before walking into the bathroom. I waiting for a second before I heard the water starting. Slipping out of my legging and underwear I walked into the steamy bathroom to find Marcus already in the bath, his trousers splayed out on the floor.

He stretched out his hand which I took letting him help me into the tub. The warm water surrounded me, just like his arms did, his cold chest against my back didn't bother me with the heat of the water.

"I'm so sorry Althea." He whispered kissing the shell of my ear.

"Using my name, must be serious." I giggled.

"I am serious. I never want you to think I hate you, ever." He moved slightly as did I so we could look at eachother.

"I don't think you hate me. I just think all you old timers misunderstand humans." He pinched my sides causing me to giggle again. "I know that you guys don't essentially have respect for human life, but I just don't know why."

"Truthfully, I don't know why either. It's just the same as werewolves being our natural enemies. Things happen over time that causes ripples, but no one really understands the reasons as to why." He explained, I nodded along.

"Aro needs to apologise." I said sternly.

"I agree." He smiled.

"You and Caius didn't really do anything but. Look I know how you feel about humans, but I'm a human. I really want you to see things from my perspective." I spoke seriously.

"I understand, and if you have the time to explain what it is to be human. I'd love to hear about it." Marcus said.

"I love you so much." I pressed my lips to his, kissing him with all the energy I had.

Marcus and I had been cuddling for a good few hours when a sheepish Caius and a sulking Aro joined us. Caius taking the spot in front of me while Aro stood off to the side staring out the window. Marcus held me tightly while I looked at my black haired mate.

"Aro do you wanna talk?" He spun around with hopeful eyes. "I don't want us to fight but you're hatred for humans....I just wish you'd try and understand them better for my sake."

"Amore, I am truly sorry for making you feel that I have distaste towards you." His face plastered with a pleasing expression. "I am willing to try and understand them. Can you forgive me?"

"I can." I didn't want to be angry at him, maybe I was still a little annoyed but not angry. He made his way into the bed grabbing my hand in his, Aro's face soured at some of my thoughts.

"Ti amo, amore." He whispered pressing his cold forehead to mine.

"I love you too."

And I really did, my three gorgeous mates who had given me something to live for when I didn't have anything or anyone. Who may make a few mistakes here and there but who are otherwise perfect.