TWENTY

Today was the day...My kings weren't nervous, didn't even show a flicker of being afraid. Aro was relaxed, Marcus seemed annoyed and Caius, he was truly worked up. I could feel the anger radiating from him. A black cloak protected me from the cold weather that surrounded me.

"Bellissima, I'm going to carry you from here, once we're there Afton, Felix and Demetri will protect you while we discuss with the Cullens and their witnesses." Aro hissed out the last few words showing he was indeed worked up about the whole situation.

"Okay," I grabbed his hand and whispered, "I love you." Glancing at my other two mates, they all seemed to calm slightly at my words. Aro place one hand on my back and the other under my knees, he lifted me up and we were off. Zooming throw the winter forest, the cold hitting my cheeks forcing me to snuggle my face into Aro's cloaked chest.

Everything stopped, the silence was deafening as Aro placed me down. Demetri was there hand open to lead me to my little protection circle. Once tucked inside, the trial started.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilised manner." A blonde man spoke after stepping forward.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro replied to Carlisle.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent." The blonde spoke with fondness in his tone. "No laws have been broken." He claimed, no laws? The child is right there!

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools." Caius hissed with annoyance.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks." Carlisle had passion, I'll give him that. But something in me didn't want to believe them.

"Artifice!" My blonde haired mate yelled.

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Aro took a step forward with his hand outstretched. Edward, spiky haired dude, but wheres Alice? I liked her.

Edward walked our way, taking Aro's hand. We all waited and watched as the raven haired king went through his memories.

"I'd like to meet her." Aro said. Edward looked pained at this. Bella, the little girl, a werewolf and a big guy who reminded me of Felix began to walk this way.

"Ah, young Bella. Immortality becomes you." He just said....why do I feel jealous? For fuck sake. Aro broke me from my inner bitching with his childish laugh, "I hear her strange heart." Bella smiled at the young girl. Heart? Then she can't be immortal. We were wrong.

"Hello Aro." The girl spoke unafraid as she walked towards my mate, and placed her hand on his cheek. I could see his face, he was shocked. For some odd reason it made me smile.

"Magnifico." Aro's voice had softened to the tone it was when he spoke oh so gently to me. Would he be like that if he was a father? "Half mortal. Half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human." Human? Does that mean there's a possibility I could have a baby? My mind started whirring, buzzing at the thought.

"Impossible!" Caius piped up.

"Do you think they fooled me brother?" Aro spoke harshly toward Caius causing me to scowl at him. The werewolf barked and growled towards them both.

"Bring the informer forward." Caius commanded. "Is that the child you saw?"

"I'm not sure." Irina answered.