NINE

"This is unfair!" I crossed my arms.

"Another unfair activity?" Aro smirked sitting back in his chair. The scent of old books wafted it's way through the library a we sat playing chess. "I'm starting to come to the conclusion that when you lose at something, it becomes unfair."

"That's semantics." I huffed knocking over his Queen.

"Don't be upset Tesoro." Marcus strolled into the library.

"I'm not upset. Aro and I have established it's unfair. Right?" I turned to Aro who smiled smugly.

"Of course bellissima." He agreed.

"See?" I turned back to Marcus who was now stood behind me. He hummed in agreement placing his hands on my shoulders, using his thumbs to rub along my covered skin.

"I see Tesoro." He smiled softly, clearly amused at the situation. He bent down pressing a kiss to my head. I could smell his cologne, the scent had me humming in delight.

"Where is my mate?" Caius bellowed strutting into the room with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Our mate." Aro corrected.

"I'm here." I stood moving into the blonde's eye line.

"So you are. Let's go." He wrapped his arms around me and whooshed away. Once I'd gotten over the whiplash, I noticed we were in a room filled with canvases and paint.

"It's my art studio." Caius mumbled somewhat sheepishly.

"You paint?" I looked over the Art. "These are beautiful." They truly were, not so many portraits, but a lot of landscapes.

"Thankyou Carissima." He murmured, it almost sounded shy but I knew him well enough now to know Caius Volturi doesn't get shy.

"So." I dragged out the word turning to him. Him, my blonde mate with a flawless complexion faced me with a raised eyebrow. "Did you miss me?" I twisted side to side, batting my lashes at him. In truth, Caius was fun to rial up. Although a risk, never knowing what side of him you'd get, the anger or lust. It was still fun. He whooshed in front of me.

"You seemed so innocent when I first met you. Now however, I see you in a new light. My sweet vixen." He whispered, cold lips brushing against the shell of my ear. I was so focused on that, I didn't even notice when his icy hands slid around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"I like to believe I'm innocent." I breathed out, I sounded so breathless like all the air in my lungs had been stolen from me.

"I'm sure I could fix that." His voice had deepened, my knees so close to buckling at the sound of it. Damn, He's killing me. "Hmm, would you want that?" His question was laced with such sweet temptation. I didn't think before I began to say yes.

He leaned in so slowly, as if giving me time to stop him before he kissed my lips. His mouth moving against mine. It felt so perfect, running my fingers through his hair while he gripped my waist tightly. His name left my lips in a gasp when he began to travel down my neck leaving marks in his wake. A deep growl rumbled within his chest when I moaned out at the feeling, so many sparks of pleasure flashing throughout my body.

"Master?" A male voice outside the door caused Caius to stop.

"What!" He snarled, on instinct I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his neck. He relaxed immensely, holding me back.

"Master Aro and Master Marcus need to speak with you urgently." He said, sounding a little awkward.

"It's okay, go. I need to go get lunch anyways, Stefano will be expecting me." I mumbled knowing no matter how quiet I spoke he'd hear me loud and clear.

"I give you my word, you'll be back in my arms the moment I'm done." He cupped my face bringing it away from his neck, his thumbs stroking over my heated cheeks cooling them down.

"Well if that's your plan," feeling confident I pulled him closer by his collar and kissed him, biting his bottom lip before pulling away. He seemed a little shock, to be honest, so was I. "Make sure you hurry." I pecked his cheek and left the room, letting out a breath feeling as though it was the first one I'd had since he kissed me.

Trying desperately to not obsess over the fact I just had my first kiss with Caius, I sped walked over to the kitchen.

"Thea! How are you flower?" Stefano grinned upon seeing me, his red eyes boring into mine. Before I could answer he gasped loudly. "What is that!" He pointed to my neck as I sat down at the island table in front of him.

"I had my first kiss with Caius." I admitted, I felt like a child that had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"Oh how wonderful! A first kiss is an important right of passage." He said seriously while he began to pull out the ingredients for a sandwich.

"No it wasn't my first kiss ever. That was when I was thirteen with a boy named Bobby Fletcher. He smelled like green peas." My nose scrunched up at the memory.

"It's still wonderful! Your relationship is progressing!" He chuckled heartily.

"I guess it is kind of great." I smiled to myself.

"Here you go adorabile umano." Stefano passed the plated sandwich over to me. I hastily bit into it, chewing hungrily. I suppose I hadn't realised how hungry I was until now. I was on the second half of my sandwich when hands landed on my shoulders, sliding down to my waist then my hips.

"Eat faster Carissima, I want those lips of yours again." Caius purred in my ear and I felt my entire body throb with this aching need to kiss him there and then. Stefano fake cleared his throat before leaving the kitchen. Complying I finished off my food, the blonde king had slipped away for a spilt second returning with a bottle of water. I drank from it happily.

"What was your little meeting about?" I queried, it must have been serious for him to be called away.

"Jane called with some information about the situation in Seattle." I nodded. "Now where were we?" He smirked.