76

INSECURITIES

_____________

After spending the next three days with my legs sore because of Fred and having to put even more effort during my training with the Harpies, I got another free day that, since Liv and Pauline were out together, was being incredibly boring. With nothing else to do, I decided to walk to the shop.

While George and Verity were working down with the clients - luckily for them, it wasn't a busy day -, I went straight into Fred's office, knowing he would be there.

"Hello!" I got inside the room, giving a quick knock first on the door. Fred's eyes immediately raised from his papers and he gave me a kind smile.

"What's up, beautiful? Enjoying your free day?"

I sighed, sitting in the chair in front of his desk, with my whole body still a bit achy. The windows in his office were open wide and the air was full of just-made tea smell and Fred's own scent, melting me into a pleasant state of mind. Some music I couldn't recognise fully was sounding from the cassette player, and the ginger in front of me was sitting kinda lazily while playing with a pencil on his fingers.

"Not so much, I'm a bit bored at home alone. Liv and Lin went out for a date and Remus is a bit busy with some shit from the Order."

"Oh, boy, poor you," Fred scoffed, amused. "Well, you're actually super helpful here, y'know? I'm working on something for the store but I don't know how to make this potion work properly for the fireworks."

"Oh, let me have a look," I quickly walked to stand behind his chair, bending over his shoulder to read the formula with the ingredients. Even though I no longer owned my uncle's book, I still counted on my good memory and a bit of natural talent for Potions.

Fred's eyes fell on me making me notice his piercing stare, and from the corner of my eye, I saw him smirking. Before I could say a word, he separated a bit from the desk, stretching his body and leaning back, and grabbed my hips, making me sit on his lap.

I scowled at him, trying to hold back the smile forming on my face. He shrugged.

"Thought you'd be more comfortable."

"Sure you did," I snorted, going back to the potion's instructions. I slightly moved on his lap, getting more centred and putting my elbows over the desk. I heard how Fred sighed and soon, his hands were dimly caressing my back and my hips.

"You know you can change the dandelion root for Belladonna so the item flies more, right?"

"Mh-hm," Fred hummed in approval, sounding a bit distant.

"And if you put a bit more of Nightshade instead of snakeweed, the colours will be brighter and the powder way more explosive."

"Mh-hm" his hand caressed my hip while the other one drew the path of my spine through my pullover.

"Are you even listening to me, Fred?"

He giggled. "No, not really."

"Then why did you ask for my help?" I snickered, gazing at him. He winked at me.

"I was listening to you but you bent over and...y'know, having such a view in front of me, I can't really concentrate on any potion, darling."

I snorted, amused, shaking my head and grabbing the pencil in his fingers to correct the instructions without moving from his lap. Actually, I started to slightly move my hips while humming to the song from the cassette player, trying to seem innocent.