Chapter 1 - That Stromy Evening

'A Stromy evening', Kavitha thought.
But she was not able to decide whether the evening is stromy or her life. Standing at a bus stop with a 2 years old sleeping baby and a bag without knowing where to go surely the storm in her life is more worser than the Stromy weather.

Her baby, Mazhilini is sleeping peacefully in her arms for 2 hours.She don't know what she will tell her daughter when she ask about her appa. She won't understand that her father left her and her ma in the street and went to take rest permanently with God.That thought itself bought hot tears in her eyes.

Yet Kavitha was a victim of child marriage,getting married at a age of 16 Basker her dead husband made sure she continued her studies and made her capable to stand in her own legs in this society.

A loud horn sound woke her up from her slumber. Looking around the place she realised she was no more in the bus stop but lying in a comfortable back seat of a car. Her Mazhilini,no where to be found.

"Mazhilini kutty ma", she yelled and got up from the seat and frantically looked around. All negative thoughts clouding her mind,fresh hot tears rolling down her cheeks she tried to open the door.

How could she sleep in the middle of the road with 2 years baby. She was helpless.May be the lack of sleep, lack of tears, lack of meals. She was not able to pinpoint the reason.
"You are worthless" was said by her Mother in law.She realised indeed what her MIL said is true.

" Ma", her trance broke with the baby voice of her daughter.She looked up and saw a man carrying her daughter in his hands and Mazhilini is smiling at her. A big relief washed over her with the sight of her daughter and she gave up to the darkness surrounding her.

Vijay don't know what happened. He was not able to decide whether to calm the little girl in his arms or to help the woman who fainted in his car. After staring at the woman for nearly two minutes, he decided to wake up the fainted woman. He opened his car and placed the little girl in the passenger seat and locked the door.

He ran towards the shop from which he had bought some snacks for the little girl and asked for water bottle. He also called the lady in the shop to help him. She happily agreed. He don't know whether because his police uniform or because of her helping tendency.
He opened the back seat door and made that woman to lye on his lap.He sprinkled some water on her face and tried to wake her up.

That little girl was in the arms of the shop lady. She was also continuously crying. That lady was not able to make her calm.
"Sir, can I check madam. I am not a doctor but I know some hand medicines and can check pulse" , the lady from the shop said much to the relief of Vijay.

He placed the woman in his back seat carefully and got the little girl from the shop lady.
" Amma unga paeru ena", Vijay asked to the lady and she replied that her name is Lakshmi.
She checked the women's pulse with utter concentration and after sometime her lips curved into a smile.

"Its all good news only sir. Your wife is pregrant", Lakshmi said.

"What" that's what Vijay managed to ask.

Vijay don't know how Lakshmi amma came to a conclusion that the woman in his car was his wife yet he was not able to oppose it too.
Why, he don't know.