Chapter 39 - Aftermath of rain

The aftermath of rain gave her a calm feeling to her raging heart. She could see the rain drops falling from the tree leaves. That made her remember her tears which flowed from her eyes a few hours before. But she could not help but smile thinking about the drama Vijay and Sashi staged in the police station. Vijay and Sashi turned back from their car seats by hearing her chuckle. They were in Vijay's car. Sashi was driving the car while Vijay was beside him. Mazhi was in Vijay's lap sleeping peacefully. Vijay wanted to sit with kavitha and he wanted to comfort her. His hands itched to hug her; to wipe away her tears; to wipe away all the sadness in her eyes. He realised that she became an integral part of his lonely life in this day. Only he and God knew the pain he felt in his heart without seeing Kavitha and Mazhi.

'What would have happened if he had not came on this day?'

He can not even imagine what would have happened. He might have lost his loved ones once again. He might have failed in his life once again. Sashi could see the sadness across his friend's eyes. He placed his hands on Vijay's shoulder comforting him. Vijay too nodded his head. They looked at Kavitha's smiling face. They both reminisced about the happenings in the police station. Let us also see what had happened in the police station that made the trio smile.

Few hours before

"Mr.Suresh should be here within half an hour", Vijay roared.

The constable gulped seeing their DSP and called Suresh from his phone. He cursed Suresh in his mind for not taking the call. He nearly tried for 10 times but Suresh was not picking up the call. The constable named Manickam noticed that Vijay's eyes were fixated on Kavitha. He had not seen this much angered Vijay till now. All he knew was that if Vijay was calm then there is big trouble coming in their way. He prayed to all of his Gods in his mind and looked up at Vijay.

"Sir, he is not picking up the calls", he said.

"What can I do for that", Vijay said calmly, his eyes still fixated on Kavitha.

"What I have to do?", the constable replied with shaking voice.

"Umm, come here", Vijay called him towards his seat. The constable hurriedly went before him. Vijay gave his credit card to him. Vijay could see the confusion in Manickam's face.

"Go and buy half kg chocolate cream cake along with a egg noodles", Vijay said.

"Sirrr", Manickam dragged noticing that no one was there in the station expect him.

"What, have you not heard what I said?", Vijay looked up at Manickam.

"Sir I heard what you said but there is no one in the station", he replied slowly.

"Why, am I not allowed to sit in one of the police stations under my control", Vijay questioned him. The constable was bewildered and his response came within no time.

" I did not meant like sir"

"Then what you meant", Vijay asked shifting his eyes from Kavitha to the constable.

"I will take my leave now sir", he replied and went away without waiting for Vijay's reply.

Vijay smiled seeing the hurried steps of the constable. He looked around and saw that no one was there in the room expect him and Kavitha. As Kavitha was confused by Vijay's interaction with the constable, she looked down. Many thoughts clouded her mind. She knew that Vijay was more attached to his family.
'He would believe his family rather than us', her mind quipped in.

'Haven't you seen him, he came for us", her heart argued.

'It's clear that he have came here to ask about some case',the same brain argued back.

'No, I am damn sure, he is here for us. Didn't you noticed how messed up he was?', her heart argued back with her brain.

And the argument between her heart and brain continued for few minutes. And so she missed what Vijay was doing. She did not noticed that the constable had gone out. She had not seen Vijay who was walking towards her.

(If you ask where is Mazhi, she is also there in the room but she was sleeping)

Vijay took long steps to reach Kavitha. Kavitha noticed his shoes and looked up at Vijay. One look at Vijay, her brain and heart stopped arguing. All she could do is stare at Vijay's mesmerizing eyes. Her brain stopped working and her heart skipped a beat.

"Kavitha", the strain and the sadness in his voice is all what she needed to break the barrier. She did not relaised when she had got up from the table, when she clutched his shirt, when she hugged him and when she started crying.

Sometimes all we need is a certain someone, to break our barriers, to break our sadness, to break our walls. It differs from person to person. For someone it may be a small kiss from their special one; for someone it may be a 'ARE YOU OKAY?' text from their special one. .

(You people can share what's your breaking point; Mine- A tight hug from that person, will definitely break all my restrains. KINDLY NOTE - AND THERE IS NO SUCH PERSON as of now)

For Kavitha, it's Vijay's hug. It broke all of her restrains to pieces... Vijay too hugged her back. He was in need of that. He needed an assurance that his Kavitha was sound and good. He needed her to calm his raging mind and soul.

"Ahem Ahem"

That was the end of the calming hug...

Kavitha while remembering the police station drama, she reminisced the hug. Her lips cured into a beautiful smile.

Vijay and Sashi too smiled seeing her. Sashi was the one to break the ice.

"Da Vijay, have you seen Kavitha?"

Kavitha turned towards them by hearing her name. She could see the smile dancing in Sashi's eyes. She could guess what Sashi was going to say. Her eyes widened.

"No Sashi"

Sashi heard and stopped the car.

_________________________________________

Hi guys..I am extremely sorry for not updating the story...But I was overwhelmed by the view and votes..

Thank you for all the people who have voted on the story of Kavitha and Vijay, eventhough the author was not updating...

Thank you for the people who commented / messaged, asking update of the story...

I have updated...But I know., it's a small update. I will try to update regularly...

Do continue to give chance for this story
Thank You