Chapter 42 - That Laughter

And that table was full of laughter and food.

"Oh my God, I can not laugh anymore", Naetra said between the laugh.

"What, there is more to say", Sashi exclaimed.

"Sashi Bro, please stop, don't embrass me infront of Naetra", Karthik said in Sashi's ear silently.

Sashi looked at him with a doubt. He had seen Karthik and Naetra in the past months. He had seen the spark in their eyes whenever they both look at each other but he had not seen them talking with each other. Sashi raised his eyebrows and looked at Karthik who was sitting beside him in the table. Though Karthik was silent, his eyes begged Sashi not to talk about his childhood. Sashi being a well trained police officer understood those unsaid words, nodded his head and smoothly changed the subject towards Mazhi.

Kavitha and Vijay looked at their banter and chuckled silently. They were seeing their banter for the past one hour. Viji and Rithvin planned a dinner at Vijay's place. Reason being Rithvin got his Engineering degree with flying colours. Hearing the good news, Vijay and Sashi took leave and joined the dinner plan. Vijay volunteered to cook when they suggested to go to the famous restaurant.

"Eating outside food is not good for baby", he put forth the reason and shrugged when his sister raised her eyebrows.

"Bro, I am happy that you volunteered to cook, but do you know anything about cooking. I wonder did you even know the spelling of cooking?", Rithvin said seriously making Sashi and Viji laugh. The person in the question, Vijay stared at his brother with murderous expression.

"Bro, please calm down, your looks are scaring me", Rithvin continued to taunt his brother making Viji and Sashi laugh more.

Before Vijay could say anything, they heard a throat clearing sound. They stopped and looked at Kavitha standing there in the room. Earlier she was sleeping in her room, Mazhi was with her. Seeing that everyone's attention was on her, she said

"Umm, actually Vijay sir can cook good food. I lov...umm I liked his biryani"

There was a utter silence in the room for a minute. Viji and Rithvin looked at each other and Sashi looked at his friend, Vijay who was standing in the middle of the room with a smug look.

Kavitha looked at their reactions and frowned.

"What happened? Why are you not saying anything?", Kavitha asked to no one particular.

Viji was the one who answered the question.

"Umm..we have never seen Vijay in the kitchen before", she said and looked at Vijay and continued,

"So bro why I did not get any of your biryani", her question was pointed towards her brother.

"That.. That...", Vijay stumbled to answer her.

"Hoo ohhh..Vijitha, you have to grow up, don't you understand, Vijay had cooked Biryani only for Kavitha", Sashi said with a teasing smile.

"No..No..it's not like that...You might have went to hospital that day", Kavitha answered fastly being embarrassed.

Rithvin was enjoying the whole show and decided to interven.

"Okay, then it's settled...My beloved brother will cook his infamous biryani for us and we will order side dish from hotel", he said making Vijay and Kavitha sigh in relief.

And for this celebration hey invited their gang, yes they all, Karthik, Naetra, Vijitha, Rithvin, Sashi and ofcourse Vijay and Kavitha, became a gang and the great Sashi became their gang leader. They planned and held a meeting at least once in a week. And that time Karthik and Naetra would do health checkups on Kavitha. As of now, Naetra assured that Kavitha had no complications to Vijay. Vijay left no stone unturned to make Kavitha happy. They would go for a walk in the park whenever Vijay came early. Once in a week, Vijay would take Mazhi and Kavitha to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Life was smooth for Kavitha. Everyday her love for Vijay increased. And for Vijay, Kavitha and Mazhi became his first priority. He took leave and accompanied Kavitha whenever she had sonogram. Even he cried hearing the heartbeat of the baby making Kavitha and Naetra chuckle.

"Is the baby healthy?", that would be his question whenever a scan is taken.

"Oh, but what if it's mother is not well", Naetra and Viji would ask him to tease him.

Kavitha is nearing her 8th month. Naetra instructed Kavitha to be stress free and happy. So Vijay left no stones unturned to make her happy and healthy. Continuing the dinner, she yelped in pain, alerting all the people in the table.

"Are you okay, Kavitha", Vijay asked immediately taking her hands in his hands. Kavitha was now used to his small gestures like this. Initially she was hesitant about Vijay holding her hand to help her but seeing his care and affection she gave in.

"Do you need to visit the doctor?", Sashi asked with concern making Kavitha chuckle.

"No No, I am fine", she replied.

"No Kavitha, I am not taking risk, we are going to hospital now", Vijay said standing up from the table. He looked serious. Viji and Rithvin were looking at their brother with awe. They had not seen Vijay worked up this much over a small issue. They even know how calm and composed he was when he confronted their family about their words about Kavitha. Karthik and Naetra stopped eating when they heard Kavitha but looking at Vijay and Sashi with a open mouth. Karthik got offened that his brother forgot that Naetra was there with them in the same table. And Naetra got offended that Vijay had forgot that Karthik was there with them in the same table. They both stood up at the same time and yelled,

"Do not forget Karthik / Naetra is here with us"

They looked at each other. Their eyes meet after many days, making them know how they missed each other. While they were looking at each other, Vijay and Sashi winked at each other. Viji and Rithvin were silent all the time but they can not control anymore and burst out laughing, that brought back Naetra and Karthik from their dreamland. Now they both were embarrassed beyond imagination. They hastly took their seat and resumed eating, making Viji and Rithvin laugh more. Kavitha witnessed eveything with a smile. She knew something was cooking up between Karthik and Naetra and when Vijay winked at her while taking her hands, she knew Vijay and Sashi had planned something. And like always their drama brought some fruitful result. Viji and Rithvin made the awakward situation into a funny one by their jokes and after that everything was normal.

Meanwhile, their table was silent. Sekar and Mahesh sat there with anger.

A/N

Hello guys...I dont know how I had come so far in this story and I think the main thing that made me come so far is the people who are reading and voting in this story... Thank you guys for every votes and the chance you gave this journey of Vijay and Kavitha ..

Whenever I am down...I do check the No of reads and the votes on my work and that definitely boosted my mood...
Thank you guys...This Chapter is dedicated to everyone that had read my story so far and voted on that... Thank you guys...