Chapter 6 - Something new

Kavitha was standing in front a hospital named "Janatra" with Chitra and Vijitha. She was confused why she had to visit the hospital that too leaving Mazhi kutty with a stranger. Earlier when she woke up she was urged by Chitra to get ready to go out. Kavitha thought she will go out with her crying daughter. But to her surprise Mazhi stopped her crying when Vijay took her from Vijitha.Chitra then introduced Vijay and Vijitha to Kavitha and even Vijay offered to look after her daughter when she go out for hospital. She had not seen this much kind people for a long time.

Chitra who had noted Kavitha's frown, smiled and said,

"Kavitha don't worry. We are with you. This will be small check-up."

Chitra's voice brought back Kavitha from her thoughts. She wondered what is wrong with her when she was alright. Then it dawned upon her that Chitra bought her to the hospital as she fainted yesterday.

"Ma, actually I had not eaten anything yesterday so that only I had fainted With proper rest I can regain my strength. So don't..."

Kavitha's rant was stopped when Chitra signed her to stop and said,

"Kavitha don't you know that you're pregrant."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Vijay was sitting with Mazhilini in their lawn along with the small toys he found in his sister's cupboard. Mazhilini was playing with those toys happily. The happiness of that child bought a smile on Vijay's face. After many days he felt relaxed.Being the DSP (Deputy Superintendent of Police)of the big city bought a lot of stress to him. Though he had his own set of relaxing activities being with Mazhilini bought a instant relaxation to him. It's not more than a day he had met Mazhilini but he felt a instant connection to the little baby girl.

Earlier when his mother suggested to take Kavitha for a check-up, he immediately offered to look after Mazhilini. He also noticed the surprise looks passed between his mother and sister. Kavitha denied immediately by stating that Mazhilini will not stay without her.

"Vijay,you won't be able to look after her while we are away", Chitra said. Vijitha and Kavitha too agreed with her. But Vijay said firmly that he can look after Mazhilini. Confirming his statement Mazhilini too stopped crying when Vijay took her from Vijitha.

--------------------------------------------------------------

She was sitting in a chair with a tensed and angry face. Each and every member of her family knew not to mess with Lekha but she was fooled by her youngest daughter in law.
She should not have underestimated her.

"Ma, I have searched every nook and corner of their room but I was not able find any documents", Sekar said to Lekha.

"What!!!!"

She stood up from her chair with a jerk and said

"I should not have underestimated that damn girl"

Lekha shouted and turned towards her son Sekar who was standing before his mother helplessly. He was the only one in their family who can handle Lekha's wrath as he is Lekha's first born;in Lekha's term her legacy.

"Sekar I want those documents. I don't know what you will do but I want those documents", Lekha said angrily and went towards her office.

Sekar sighed and called his brother Mahesh,who was waiting in the hall to come to his room. Sekar being the elder one had responsibilities towards his family including his mother. Though she was a stubborn one Sekar loved his mother to moon and back and he knew she was doing all these to protect her family.