Chapter 5 - Discussion

Prakash, Kalaiselvi and Vanitha was taking a relaxing stroll in their garden. Three of them had different thoughts in their minds yet they hesitated to bring them to light. But what they had in their mind was the same question.

"Who was that girl!!!!!"

Atlast Kalai decided to break the ice and put forwarded the question in her mind.

"Do you know anything about her?
Who is she?", Kalaiselvi's question was directed at her brother Prakash.

Prakash and Vanitha stopped,looked at each other. They too had the same question in their mind. Though Vijay had bought home a girl along with a baby,no one in their family questioned him. Because they know there will be a valid reason behind Vijay's decision to bring her home.But bringing a stranger to the home that too a woman, along with a baby worried Prakash and Kalaiselvi.

Kalaiselvi observed her brother and said,

"Prakash, I want you to talk to Chitra Anni(Sister-in-law) about that girl"

"I am planning on the same, Kalai. But I don't know how to start the conversation with Anni(Sister-in-law)", Prakash replied with a sigh.

"Hmm..Prakash I have an idea", Vanitha said.

Prakash signed her to continue.

"Why don't you start the conversation at breakfast. I think Chitra will definitely answer", Vanitha said.

Their household had a practice. Whenever a there is a problem or a question in the minds of the family members,if they put forward the same in the dining table when they gathered as a family then their questions will be answered. Everyone in the family will be given an opportunity to share their ideas even the children of the family. Chitra wanted transparency in the family so she practiced this ideology in her family.

Prakash thought for a minute and said,

"Not bad Vani. What say Kalai?"

"Nice idea. Let's get inside and get ready for the breakfast", Kalaiselvi replied and they went to their respective rooms to get ready.

Meanwhile,

Chitra and Vijay was in Kavitha's room. Kavitha was sleeping peacefully after many days without knowing the chaos she has to face.Chitra caressed her face and started to  wake her up. Vijay saw a different emotion in his mother's eyes.

"Mom, what's going on in your mind?", Vijay asked standing beside her with a smile.

Vijay can understand his mother's thoughts. 'Now she is reminising her life when Ranjan dad died', Vijay came to a conclusion by looking at his mother's face. Earlier he had shared the basic details of Kavitha which he gathered from the documents with his mom.

He felt sad for the woman who lost her husband to the deadly disease at the young age. He felt sad for that dead man who was unfortunate to see his children growing up. Though he was not able to gather her parent's detail, he was satisfied with the information he had got.

The kind and soft caressing of Chitra woke up Kavitha from her slumber. Kavitha blinked few minutes looking at the two strangers and sat on the bed. She recognized that old lady as Chitra whom she met yesterday and the man was the one who was carrying her daughter.She looked at the older woman who was smiling at her.

"Good morning Kavitha", Chitra said.

"Good morning mam", Kavitha mumbled in a small voice and looked down.

"Kavitha I had kept your things in the cupboard and toiletries in the bathroom. Get ready for going to hospital", Chitra said to Kavitha in a kind voice.

The sound of the voice and the message in that voice made Kavitha to look up at Chitra with a confused face. Kavitha thought that the woman will make her go out of that house but to the contrary she was asking her to get ready for the hospital. No one had spoken to her with this much kindness for the past seven years expect her husband. Kavitha's thoughts were disturbed by her daughter's loud crying coming from outside.