𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀!

before we start i just wanna say that... it's been a while since i wrote a fanfic solo so. bare with me !!

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑
this book will use she / her pronouns.

i do not own genshin impact. just here to write a story about my fav carrot head :p

p.s - y/n = your name
y/e/c = your eye colour
italics = thoughts

ON WE GO, COMRADES <3

-

"You said you wanted to fight, didn't you? Then come on. Let's fight."

He, for only a moment, was hesitant about what the newly found stranger had said. Since when did he battle just anybody? How did he know that you were a worthy opponent that could take him on? In his eyes, you were just a lost traveler that he had met less than twenty minutes ago, who'd hailed from a nation that was quickly making a turn towards isolationism. Through his diplomats, he'd seemed to hear quite a lot about this Inazuma.

Visions, they were being seized. The God of eternity had deemed visions as power that only the divine should have. That was what he had heard, at least. He did not know anything else about it, nor was he interested. It was Scaramouche's territory to explore, anyways.

The pyro wielder stood before him, having moved her hands to her hips in impatience.

This was the 11th Harbinger? Sheesh.. She thought, her eyes meeting his azure blue ones as his lips suddenly curled into a sinister grin - one that was similar to a Cheshire cats, one that was not present beforehand. It nearly sent chills down y/n's spine, however, she had witnessed far worse in her lifetime. A mad fatui harbinger; this would just add some spice into her life.

"Alright. But don't think I'll go so easy on yo-"

He did not get to finish his sentence. The blazing polearm had ripped through the air with force, heading straight into his direction. Instinctively, he'd jumped out of the way within seconds, however, that was not the only trick up her sleeve. Her battle skills, they were something that he had never witnessed before. They were clean, precise, and almost.. animalistic. His water blades almost seemed to have no match for her summoned flames, ones that surrounded him as she, again, charged towards him, blade merely slicing his arm clean off.

Despite his struggling, Childe had already managed to wound the female in bits and places, while he was yet to be damaged. This only drove him to call for more power, but that was until she'd slammed him down onto the smoldering grass, y/e/c looking as if you'd arrived straight from the depths of the abyss.

"Were you doing your best, or are you just going easy on me right now?" She asked, completely ignoring what position the two were in. Her thighs were straddling his waist, while her hands held down his shoulders. He smirked.

"I have to say I'm quite impressed by your techniques.. and if I didn't have somewhere to be right now, we could surely continue this battle," He said, having looked past her question, "And actually, maybe we can. You're heading towards Liyue, right?"

In utter boredom, y/n blinked down at him before having rolled off of him.

"I am." She then replied, dusting off her dark laced hands.

"Then we shall meet again for the battle, but until then.."

His hand grasping a hold of hers gently caught them off guard for the first time that day. It was at that moment that he had gingerly placed a kiss near her knuckles, shooting the woman a cheeky grin of approval.

Boy, does this man have the confidence to be flirtacious towards someone he just lost to..

"I will see you then, y/n, and that's a promise. You better keep your end of the deal, as well," He began, again, causing the pyro wielder to subtly roll her eyes at him,

"You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again."

And with that, he had vanished, almost as if he was never there to begin with.

-

started: april 20
ended: ???