twenty five.

"Let's leave her alone.. She's breathing, and that's what matters right now.."

The faint voices felt nothing but like part of a dream to you, and that's exactly what you thought it was, until a cold hand shook you awake. There, you'd expected to see yourself surrounded by the Fatui, but instead, you were gathered by the warmth of all the friends you'd made in Liyue, all looking over at you, with worry in their eyes. You'd given them all quite a scare, Hu Tao and Zhongli, especially.

The young raven haired woman had felt as if someone had set her on fire the moment that she saw your body being carried to Liyue. Her heart had sunk to her stomach, and so had Zhonglis, as he silently swore that he would find the person who had done this to you and make them pay for putting you in a sufferable state. The harm that was done to you was shown through how long you were unconscious in one of the medical beds.

And though you were not ready for another journey just yet, you were alive. Your heart was still beating gently in your chest, somehow, and that was more than a relief to your newfound family and allies. It was just upsetting to see you in a continuous slumber.. until your eyes shot open.

"Y-Y/N!?" Paimon exclaimed, causing everyone to move their eyes back onto your still frame before attempting not to bombard you with questions of curiosity and fear.

"Y/N, you're awake! I'm so glad!" Hu Tao smiled, rushing over to grasp your hand into her own. Her fingers were blazing into your skin, but at that moment, you didn't care at all. It was a miracle that the curse hadn't taken your life, and although you were content about that, you couldn't stop yourself from asking the first thing that came to your mind.

"Where's Childe?" You uttered, whipping your head from side to side before throwing the covers off your body.

Zhongli stepped forward, motioning you to stay where you were with a hand, before averting his golden eyes that flickered with anger.

"We have not heard anything from him. You were only delivered here by.. a Fatui general.. just a week or so ago," He spoke, vividly recalling the sight of your sleeping body being carried into the city with care, although, to you, it looked like he was being untruthful about something, "You were gone for a month."

"A month..?"

The battle between you and the eleventh had occurred a month ago, which meant you had been unconscious for quite some time.. and only woke up.. safe back in Liyue.

But why?

Why had they kept you only to send you back?

And where was Childe?

His death was something that was impossible for you to understand; you couldn't have killed him, not that easily at least. You knew for a fact he was alive, somewhere, and you knew that he would come back for you, but you weren't going to let him find you again. This time, you would find him first, and this time, you remembered.

"What? Y/N, where are you going?! I'm seriously going to need to prepare a coffin if you get up and walk out of here!" Hu Tao exclaimed as she attempted to stop you from walking out of the chamber that kept you protected.

Through time, she had positioned you in front of most of the people in her life, just because you were able to deal with her in ways that others simply could not. She would tell you that many people in Liyue was annoyed by her presence, but you would always reassure the director by telling her that you were not one of those people. You admired her, and your friendship with her.

You turned to face her.

"I need answers.. I'm sorry." You began, clenching a fist. "I just cant be here right now," You tried your best to speak as calmly as possible.