nineteen.

A/N: this chapter will contain adult content! ill put a dash mark (- -) for when it starts and ends but it kind of finishes the chapter off hehe..? enjoy :p

-

Your dreams, or nightmares, seemed to stir you awake from the sleepless night that you'd had. Despite Childe's arms having been protectively wrapped around your body, you couldn't help but feel afraid for something. You decided to ignore this gut feeling, and nudge the man who was softly snoring beside your frame.

You watched as his nose scrunched up as if he was some sort of angry fox, and the sight of it made you giggle to yourself.

"Good morning, birthday boy.."

An incoherent mumble was his response. You nudged him once more.

"Get up! We have things to do!"

He rolled over onto his side, "That's not a nice tone to use on the birthday boy, you know.." He said, causing you to sigh dramatically and sit up on the bed. Without saying anything else, you left him under the blankets and decided to go on with your usual morning routine without him since he wanted to be so lazy.

You put on your normal attire, but decided to do something a little different with your hair today. It wasn't much, but, you felt like it was.. Appropriate. As soon as you exited the bathroom, you found three children jumping up and down on their brothers bed. You stifled a giggle at the sight.

"Happy birthday big bro!"

"Wake up sleepy head!"

"Okay, okay, I'm up. Thank you all for the generous birthday wishes.." Childe mumbled, rubbing his eyes sleepily while accepting a bouquet of yellow flowers from Tonia. She grinned happily as he kissed her cheek, "These are very pretty flowers, Tonia!"

You decided to leave the siblings with their interactions for a moment, and didn't seem to notice Childe's eyes following you out the door while a slight frown tugged on his lips that you had left him.

Teucer noticed immediately, and sighed heavily.

"You are down bad.."

"Huh? Where did you learn that from?"

"Y/N taught me!" was the last thing the child said before happily skipping away into the direction that you had disappeared in. The ginger merely laughed, placing the flowers in a vase on the side before covering his mouth with a hand. How adorable..

This was the first time in years that he would spend his birthday with family. It felt so strange, not being around the Fatui for a moment, but it was all a part of the plan. Slowly, he rose from his bed and shooed away his siblings to get dressed. Once he was fully clothed, he appeared in the dining, where his siblings were happily munching on some breakfast. You were in the corner helping out his mother with something.

He approached you.

"So.. I wanted to show you the city today." He said, taking your hand into his. It caused you to turn around, while you and his mother exchanged a glance. She smiled and looked away. Perhaps this new person was good for her son..

At his wish, you nodded, and then strayed away from the woman in order to talk to him more freely.

"Right. I wanted to see it, too.." You said, knowing you would get busy after the day was over. You had so much free time on your hands that you didn't know when exactly to start doing everything you wanted to do.

"I also wanted to show you fire water. I feel like you would heavily enjoy it.." He stated, placing a finger on his chin.

You raised an eyebrow.