thirteen.

a/n: this chapter contains smut ! SKIP IF UNCOMFORTABLE PLEASE. ill put a mark for when it starts and when its over <3 

Though Childe had technically won the battle between the two of you due to your minor setback, you still thought he was a complete idiot.

His skills might have been enough to impress you, but he was nothing but a stupid flirt, and a catch.

You tossed and turned in your bed in annoyance at the thought of him, letting out a loud grunt as you finally brought yourself to sit up in the darkness of your room in defeat.

His words echoed through your memory, like a song that would not let you be.

"Imagine the things we would be able to accomplish together, Y/N.. Just you and I.."

You squeezed your eyes shut.

"We would be unstoppable, and we wouldn't need anybody else."

It was like he was slowly poisoning your mind without meaning to do so, and it was driving you mad.

"Wretched Fatui ruining my life.." You hissed, furiously leaping out from your pit, thinking that it was a good idea to go and at least treat yourself to some tea in the kitchen so that your mind would wander elsewhere. Notably, the late time was not going to stop you.

As you filled your kettle with water, you set it aside and then placed your head in your hands. Your new home was smaller than you would've pictured it, but it was nice, and cozy. It was everything that you wanted in a place to stay.

You'd ended up leaving Lumine and Paimon's little teapot gift for the side for the time being, and got yourself a new dwelling, not too far from the harbor. You told yourself you would only use the teapot home for journeys that were to be remote. It was a good way to keep things organized, since you did plan on moving around a lot, especially if the raiden shogun was to be notified of your disappearance.

The acknowledgment of you eventually being hunted down never left your mind. You wondered where you would travel to if that were to happen. You would have to start planning.

The loud screech of your kettle made you jump in surprise, as you forgot that you'd brought yourself to the kitchen to brew tea in the first place.

"I must be going crazy.." You muttered, pushing a cube of sugar into your piping cup and then stirring it. The only sounds that were present was the sound of your still breathing, along with the silver spoon, repeatedly hitting the sides of your teapot.

Then, a knock at the door; a heavy one, that came quickly; one that shook the other silverware.

You could have sworn it was past four in the morning, and you were correct about it, no doubt.

With furrowed eyebrows, you crossed the kitchen and made your way towards the front door. Each step you'd made towards it was light, as if you didn't want to attract any attention to yourself— You weren't scared, you were just being cautious.

Slowly, you unlocked, and pushed open the door with no expectations of seeing anybody of your knowledge. You hadn't even given them your address yet, but it didn't shock you completely that the man you wanted to swing your fist at was standing in front of you, drenched from head to toe.

You were definitely cursed.

"Can I come in..?"

"Childe.. It's.. Nearly 3 am.. What the hell are you doing here?" You asked, stepping to the side for him to come in, regardless, "How did you even find out where I live?"