fourteen.

By the time of clear morning sky, your entire body was sore and aching. You were not ashamed of the events that had taken place just a few hours earlier, in fact, you had seen it coming.

Childe didn't even attempt to mask his ways of flirting, and was pretty clear with what he wanted, no matter who it was.

You saw it in the way that he had departed before your eyes could even open for another time, only leaving behind the clothes that he had borrowed from you, and the memories that laid within the bedsheets.

This surprised you, as you thought he would've stayed after all of that, just for breakfast or idle chatter or something, at least.

He had duties to tend to, however, and you managed to make yourself aware of that once you were fully awake. None of the eleven ever had time to themselves to be free and do what they wanted to do; they were constantly serving orders under the Tsaritsa's name with heaves of pride.

Childe liked to alter some rules and slide some time in to bother you, in between, though. His fascination with you was entirely something else, but never once did he worry about the fascination evolving into something more, something that would eventually leave him torn between what his heart desired the most.

Today, you dressed yourself up a little differently, putting your hair into a style that it would usually never be in, while matching your usual dark outfit with some nice shoes. There was an elegance with how you composed yourself after all of that, and if word were to get around somehow, you would make sure that you looked your best.

In addition to that, you had started to give deep thought into what the Harbinger had told you so many times; you having potential to be apart of the Fatui, you being worthy enough to serve under someone like the Tsaritsa, and seeing eye to eye with her.

Maybe that was what the next step was, hiding under your nose the entire time.

You were more than aware of how much of a dangerous organization the Fatui was, but you were not afraid of them. The eleven were barely people you feared, as you were already so close to one of them. Due to this, your expectations were extremely low, but you would find out sooner or later.

What you were going to do for the sake of evidence was going to put your life on the line, but that was only if you were to get caught; joining the Fatui as a spy.

You were in dire need of some more insight, and your ginger haired companion, unfortunately, was not enough to cut it. You knew that if you asked him for information, he would grow suspicious of you, and you could not have that. So, you were going to have to side with the enemy.

"I want to join the Fatui," You'd said, finding him that day whilst he was busy with giving agents some orders.

This had shook him completely, as he seemed to do a double take before turning his body towards you completely.

"Excuse me, give us a moment.." Childe said, before bringing you a little further away from where the skirmishers were standing.

"Join the Fatui? Have you hit your head, girlie?" He asked, genuinely concerned that you had either forgotten who you were or had some sort of fever. Instinctively, he put a hand to your forehead, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion before he slowly let his hand drop back down to his side, "No fever... So you're being serious, I assume?"

You nodded, but that was enough time for him to put on a look of amusement. He leaned forward.

"Hm. What changed your mind? Was it perhaps when I-"

"If you continue your sentence, you will be on the ground writhing in pain within the next minute," You threatened, glaring up at him while he laughed lightly to himself, finding you absolutely adorable.