eighteen.

You felt a sense of relief pass you to see that Childe was still ice fishing with his siblings when you'd returned.

"It was just a few hilichurls," You'd said to him, watching as he nodded without saying much more. You knew that he had his doubts, however, but you tried not to utter a word about it until you were back inside.

It was strange. You were starting to feel more ruthless than usual. That bunch of Fatui had done nothing but attempt to trouble you, and you could've just let them live, but you didn't. You didn't even think about letting them walk away for a second. It was like you wanted to see their blood on your hands, the blood that you had vigorously washed off by a stream near the camp site.

You pushed your hair away from your face before standing up once the children were done with fishing. Anthon had managed to catch a grand fish, while Tonia and Teucer had little to no luck. Childe had also joined the two, his excuse for his lack of fish being that it was too warm out.

You scoffed and held up your own fish.

As if the weather affected how many fish were in the pond..

Anthon smiled up at you.

"Y/N and I got the fish for dinner tonight!" He grinned, taking your hand whilst beginning to walk back to the direction of his home.

"You guys got lucky.." You heard Childe say from behind, which only made you laugh to yourself and shake your head, "What's so funny!"

You stopped in your tracks.

"You are, idio-"

Tonia stared up at you expectantly.

"Uh... I mean.. Respectful companion of mine.."

Tonia smiled, while Childe mumbled something under his breath. He looked like he was going to throw a child like fit any minute now, but he was happy that you got along so well with his family. Something inside of him was changing rapidly, though he had no clear knowledge yet as to what this something was. He was just well aware of the fact that you made him happy.

"Come on, slowpokes!" You heard Childe's mother call from the door, urging the five of you to hurry up and get inside. She was the first to compliment you on how big of a catch you had gotten, while Childe's father soon joined in.

"What a nice surprise! Thank you, Y/N," His father said, giving you a grin before taking the fish out of your hold and heading straight to the kitchen. You smiled slightly and then looked down.

This was the most "at home" you had felt ever, but it was nice. You were actually enjoying yourself surrounded by everybody.

"Someone's happy. I'm taking that you like it here," A voice said, causing you to look over and smile with your eyes.

"I guess I do." You replied, sliding out of your coat while Tonia came running to tug on your shirt with wide, glimmering eyes. You glanced down at the child before crouching down so you were at the same height as her. Childe had disappeared with Teucer and Anthon, so it was just the two of you at the moment.

"How long will you be staying?" The girl asked, a frown coming to play on her features as she noticed you hesitate. Honestly, you were expecting to leave by the next day; you really weren't here to get cozy with a Harbinger's family, but now that you were here, it almost felt too cozy to leave. You were starting to let your guard down, "So then not long, right?.."

You sighed and rubbed your neck.

"I.. well.." You muttered, looking the younger ginger in the eye, "Your brother and I came for some business here.. But we.. I mean.. He.. thought that it would be nice if we visited. And I'm glad we did. I'm happy I got to see you and your brothers again, Tonia," You said, putting a small smile back onto your face.