thirty one.

You were as skillful as always, and just like the last time that you'd defeated the Harbinger effortlessly, you had done it again, leaving him only wanting more.

He huffed out, the fresh scar that had developed across his cheek during battle only becoming clearer to you.

"Let's go again. I need to grow stronger." He said, pointing the hydro blade in your direction. You merely laughed and rolled your eyes at the bluntness of his tone. It was to be expected from him, but you didn't know why he was so eager all of a sudden.

"What's the rush? You have all the time in the world." You replied, causing his facial features to soften a little bit from how they had been before; fierce, and cold. His sudden change in expressions made you tuck your weapon away. "What?" You asked, approaching him before he took a hesitant step back.

"You say that but.. We don't have all the time in the world," He began, a bitter laugh escaping from his lips as he looked up towards the sky.

You hadn't caught on at what he was pointing towards at first, but once you remembered the other side to the pyro jewel that hung from your body, you stiffened.

"I guess we don't. But that's even more of why we need to appreciate what we already have." You said, holding out your hand towards him, "Let's get moving. The traveler is waiting for us."

To your surprise, he didn't take your hand. Wordlessly, the man walked by you, starting in the way towards the teahouse without sparing you another glance. You didn't say anything at this; you wanted to let him be, and avoid any argument that was to happen between the two of you.

Childe only spoke again when he was face to face with the traveller. He greeted her with a smile, but you were too busy looking for that stupid Oni. Unsurprisingly, Itto had disappeared, which was to be expected. He wasn't exactly loved by the various commissions.

"So, this morning I came across a lead on this illness that's been spreading," You slowly began, taking a seat across from the blonde woman and her floating fairy. "Electro symbols have been identified imprinted onto the affected bodies."

The silence after you had spoken was deafening. You watched the travellers face pale a little, while Paimon immediately threw her little arms up and grasped at her soft white strands of hair. Confused, you eyed them both warily.

"What is it? Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"This.. is bad." Lumine said, standing up from her place. Her golden eyes met with yours, "It's linked to the— Wait a second. Why do you look so lost? Did Childe not tell you?"

"What?"

The ginger headed man widened his eyes, before nervously surrendering himself with his hands in front of himself. Even then, he attempted to be as nonchalant as possible, which only angered you even more. You didn't spare one second to throw a glare in his direction, before quickly taking ahold of his collar tightly in your grasp.

"So it was the Fatui. I.. trusted you." You seethed, your grip on his light button up getting stronger before he managed to let out a mocking laugh. Gods, you wanted to punch the man in the face.

"Now, hold on. It wasn't the work of the Fatui entirely.. It's really not what you're thinking." Childe explained, while Paimon nodded in agreement frantically.

"He's telling the truth!" She squeaked.

At what the high pitched voice had just exclaimed, you let Childe off with great hesitation. If you couldn't trust your companion, you knew that you could at least trust the traveler and Paimon.